Trolls or Staff ?

ACUV

Did you see a comment in a topic which surely, had you been the person to do it would have been called flaming or trolling, but staff or moderators had put their name to it. Go on, tell us about it, don't be afraid in this topic to say who the member of staff was and what the person said. Are you afraid, don't be, you can only be banned! Isn't that correct, Phi for all!

No, I didn't.

There are nearly 10000 posts since 2004 under your current alias. Don't take this as an insult or trolling or flaming as it's not meant to be, but as I look through the forums and see staff holding one set of rules about what they can do and another set of rules for non staff members I can sincerely only ask,

Are you blind?

OK, I get it now. ACUV takes exception to something CaptainPanic says in one thread, then he mentions it bizarrely in another thread and when I ask him to stop hijacking and trolling, he goes ballistic and starts this thread.

I understand now. Carry on.

Edit to add: You know who was really great at handling stuff like this? Sayonara3. I used to love his replies to complaints like this. I miss him. He must be head of MI-6 by now.

Edited by Phi for All
additional comment

Edit to add: You know who was really great at handling stuff like this? Sayonara3. I used to love his replies to complaints like this. I miss him. He must be head of MI-6 by now.

Indeed.

You know who was really great at handling stuff like this? Sayonara3. I used to love his replies to complaints like this. I miss him. He must be head of MI-6 by now.

If you remember any of my earlier posts, my endorsement of Sayonara3 says quite a bit.

There are nearly 10000 posts since 2004 under your current alias

And I have indeed been around for a while. Because of that, it might be worth listening to me about things like this. I see how the staff operates now, and how it operated before, and I can guess how it will operate in the future. I can't think of any instance of a staff member breaking the rules without being treated like any other member by the rest of the staff.

If you remember any of my earlier posts, my endorsement of Sayonara3 says quite a bit.

It was scary getting into arguments with Sayonara3. Even when you felt you were right, you were never sure you'd get out with all your toes and fingers.

Nick, remember how he used to dice up some of those early crackpot trolls like scienceisbad and that guy that claimed there were pyramids on Mars? And KHinfcube, the guy who always posted... in... ellipses?

I'm actually a troll. I'm just so good at it thar no one has noticed yet. I've even infiltrated the staff and convinced them I know what I'm talking about half the time.

Should I report myself or let you do it to avoid staff bias?

So... you're a mole troll?! How appropriate for a chemist!

Nick, remember how he used to dice up some of those early crackpot trolls

I still have nightmares about debates with him, but I'm a better thinker because of it.

scienceisbad and that guy that claimed there were pyramids on Mars?And KHinfcube, the guy who always posted... in... ellipses?

Pyramids? I'm more concerned about the GOATS on Mars! And There Was The Guy That Capitalized Every Word.

Should I report myself or let you do it to avoid staff bias?

Heh. I didn't know you could report your own posts, but sure enough, the button is there.

30 000 posts , three blind mice !

Perhaps your eyes are better. Have you found any examples of a staff member breaking the rules without being treated like any other member by the rest of the staff?

Also, one of the staff members may want to move this to the Suggestions/Comments subforum.

Nick, remember how he used to dice up some of those early crackpot trolls like scienceisbad and that guy that claimed there were pyramids on Mars? And KHinfcube, the guy who always posted... in... ellipses?

And we can't forget Alex when he was 5 or however old that youngin' was when he joined.

I still have nightmares about debates with him, but I'm a better thinker because of it.

So true. I remember when Sayo gave me my first Nizkor link... * sniff *

Pyramids? I'm more concerned about the GOATS on Mars!

The Goats! How could I forget the GOATS! Was that Farsight?

And There Was The Guy That Capitalized Every Word.

We've had a few title case junkies. It amuses me to think they enunciate well.

30 000 posts , three blind mice !

Hate cold leg on fly. How smell! To us, its white is black.

How was that? Don't you love the Lounge?

Perhaps your eyes are better. Have you found any examples of a staff member breaking the rules without being treated like any other member by the rest of the staff?

Ex 1 , I say, don't be idiotic , I get a warning of some sort of a level the basis of which is unclear.

You say , you're an idiot , you get three reputation positives .

Ex 1 , I say, don't be idiotic , I get a warning of some sort of a level the basis of which is unclear.

"You're idiotic" is attacking a person; "Your idea is idiotic" is attacking an idea. Learn the difference.

You say , you're an idiot , you get three reputation positives .

Example? Also, I'm not a staff member (/me looks angrily at John).

My fault. I'm upvoting everyone in this thread that isn't you, simply for the virtue of them not being you.

It's how I troll.

Virtues are well earned or natural, mine are natural.

Your an arsehole!

And we can't forget Alex when he was 5 or however old that youngin' was when he joined.

I was just reading a thread where Sayo is complaining about Alex being so spammy and off-topic. Dave threatens to get out his cattle prod and all agree the little twirp needs a couple points towards a suspension. Probably made him the man he is today.

My fault. I'm upvoting everyone in this thread that isn't you, simply for the virtue of them not being you.

It's how I troll.

OMG that's hilarious! +1

Your an arsehole!

THAT is attacking a person, rather than attacking an idea.

Also, I'm still waiting for an example of a staff member breaking the rules without being treated like any other member by the rest of the staff.

Ydoaps, sorry , I had this idea that A Tripolation was an arsehole and considering it kind of counterbalances his self explanatory troll admission, am I now not equal? + 3

Edited by ACUV

!

Moderator Note

Can everyone please avoid personal attacks. ACUV, if you have a complaint can you report it or pm me with a link to the post? Unless it's my post you want to report then message one of the other staff members.

Thank you.

I was just reading a thread where Sayo is complaining about Alex being so spammy and off-topic. Dave threatens to get out his cattle prod and all agree the little twirp needs a couple points towards a suspension

Those were the days. My post count then was so high that I still have an average of over three a day even with me having more than a year of no posting and mostly lurking now.