Teleportation

Ivan Tuzikov

Hi everybody. My question is strictly theoretical and consists of two subquestions:

1. Is it possible (in theory) to teleport an object (for example a coin) to some point in space where already exists another object (for example a log) and integrate it in it?

2. Is it possible to make it without making any sounds in the destination point in space?

Quantum entanglement is as close as it gets for not at least. I recently read an article that the chinese research has done this over 125 miles apart..

http://www.zdnet.com/quantum-teleportation-over-143km-smashes-distance-record-7000003883/

definitely maybe!

Hi everybody. My question is strictly theoretical and consists of two subquestions:

1. Is it possible (in theory) to teleport an object (for example a coin) to some point in space where already exists another object (for example a log) and integrate it in it?

2. Is it possible to make it without making any sounds in the destination point in space?

V

Quantum entanglement is as close as it gets for not at least. I recently read an article that the chinese research has done this over 125 miles apart..

http://www.zdnet.com...ord-7000003883/

definitely maybe!

Very interesting. Still I can't trace back and believe this has noting to do with the subject(

With teleportation you have a problem with the local nature of the conservation laws. Special Relativity requires that if some quantity is conserved it

has to be locally conserved, that is it has to go through space to get from one point to another, it can't just jump from one place to another.

It doesn't. Quantum teleportation is about sending information, not matter.

Technically, isn't matter teleporting all the time, based on our measurements? We measure a particle, and then all of a sudden we measure a particle at another point without seeing it pass through the intervening space, and then particles instantaneously change quantum states as well...

Please clarify "information."

It not being matter.

Does information involve waves or vibrations?

It not being matter.

It not being matter.

The quantum state of a particle is what was "teleported" in these experiments. The key to is not that the information was sent, but that if you simply did this classically, you would get it wrong half the time (or 2/3 of the time for some measurements) and the QM techniques did much better than that.

Technically, isn't matter teleporting all the time, based on our measurements? We measure a particle, and then all of a sudden we measure a particle at another point without seeing it pass through the intervening space, and then particles instantaneously change quantum states as well...

We call that tunneling rather than teleportation.

With teleportation you have a problem with the local nature of the conservation laws. Special Relativity requires that if some quantity is conserved it

has to be locally conserved, that is it has to go through space to get from one point to another, it can't just jump from one place to another.

A most clear answer as yet, thank you!

I was thinking that the whole reason teleportation would be desirable is to go from one place to another instantly. It doesn't really matter if you go through space or not. I know the Alcubuerra metric was thought of as a way to shorten intersteller travel times. I was wondering if that the Alcubuerra Metric describing the expansion of spacetime in front and contraction of spacetime behind could be adapted for short distances. If we could do that, would that not be better than teleportation? In theory you could travel to anyplace on earth instantly.