Various ideas, and the coding language.

alan2here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gycrYIa2C_iX5YHfDB6NyqxPXKhpQdb1OA77FjSbrvE/edit

I've created a design for a programming language, it's in a commentable google doc. Feedback is very welcome.

I'm looking to start something with this or various other ideas, or even just talk, there are themes, some are unlike this one in that they are not completely formed. I've been around the web and now got to the point where I need to get started.

I could possibly even employ someone but for me thats a complicated and scary idea.

Being able to help me create a reasonable quality presentation showing some complicated ideas in a simple way would be a good start to so we could create a kickstarter project, because it's all potentially broader than just the language as well as simpler things being available too, it's hard to describe but they are all based on some underlying ideas I have about things.

Other ideas I've come up with include going to conventions, but I'm not sure how this would help, TED talks is amazing and I supose I have some idea that it might be similar. Also signing up as an employer at a job center or somehow advertising online. I don't feel I can justify spending more time and money at university without a good reason, even though its the most worthwhile thing I've ever done.

The largest thing I've done collaboratively was WWEJ3 with Mark Jeronimus found here. http://code.google.com/p/ruletablerepository/wiki/TheRules This was not inconsiderable, but wasn't broken into different multidisciplinary areas either. To me, working with another person seemed more enjoyable and more than twice as fast as working alone.

Edited by alan2here

You talk about an online library of available code and libraries. How is this different from, say, Python's libraries available through PyPI, Go's Dashboard of libraries, Common Lisp's Quicklisp, Ruby's Gems, Chicken Scheme's Eggs, Perl's CPAN, R's CRAN, or any of the other bajillion package distribution systems for different programming languages?

In general I'd be interested to see you compare your ideas to what exists and describe why you made the choices you did.

I don't know those systems and would love to know more. I know in order of proficiency best to worst, not order of preference C# (including with XNA), C++, C, Java, Javascript, Ruby, Python, QBasic and Pascal. I also understand some of the principles behind functional programming like lazy evaluation.

It's not just a collection of libraries, it abstracts away the idea of libraries, like a C++ program starting with hundreds of #include lines, one for every library the system knows about.

This means that when you run a program it will probably have to download or use directly operations newly referred to since the last time the program was run. Depending on preferences set, the dynamicness of the code written in a given program and the interconnectedness of the respective operations in the central library, the language may even sometimes have to briefly pause execution of the program, or some part of the program to download or directly use operations from the central library online.

It is also very contextual, being able to produce a list of available operations or even short chains of operations, sorted by relevance, involving any collection of objects where the objects have comparatively detailed meta information to facilitate this. Using these operations syntactically in the form required, avoiding the troublesome sort of ambiguity by storing in the file more detailed information than is made available to the programmer. This is done in the spirit of even something as simple as a byte of memory being not only a number, but having numerous other uses that could change regularly, with some uses being specific to your stated intention for it's use in it's program.

Does this cover what you wanted to know, if in any way it dosn't, feel free to ask.

Edited by alan2here

This sounds like ideas for an IDE as much as ideas for a programming languages. Systems like Visual Studio can already produce lists of available operations on a given object. Eclipse and IntelliJ can pull up method signatures and documentation as you type.

You might explore these in more detail to see what is already available.

It's a language but must be used with it's IDE or another suitable one, Notepad can't be used.

Intelisence in Visual Studio only shows members and the such. Ideas like "extends" in C# go a bit further. However to do sufficiently would require a re-thinking of how programatic elements like objects work.

I've never seen an intelisence like system where parameters can be specifed and the system can show you the most appropriate function to take those parameters.

Edited by alan2here