Did We Come From Monkeys

Guest jasonparker

Tell me why monkeys are not evolving nowadays, they had DNA change recently??

Things don't evolve in any "days", speciation is an extremely slow process under normal circumstances. Just because we haven't witnessed the emergence of branching primate species within recorded history does not mean that it does not happen. As for DNA changes, remember that humans themselves have a 99% similarity to chimps.

Then i repectfully suggest to you that you havent read anything about evolution.For someone to agree so readily to accept that there are no flaws or contradictions in evolutionary theory tells me that ive devoted three lines to many to a reply...

Do you have a point, or are you just trolling?

Tell you what.. YOU need more faith to believe in evolution than in God. Tell me why monkeys are not evolving nowadays, they had DNA change recently??

They are evolving, thanks for asking.

The Catholic Church, which is the foundation and cornerstone of the modern Christian faith, decreed the Theories of Evolution to be fact. In order to believe the cannon that the Old and New Testament represent, you must take the words of the Pope to be the truth. The only sect that believes in the literal translation of the Bible is based in America, and has no concept of what the Bible is, where it came from or how to read it.

Then i repectfully suggest to you that you havent read anything about evolution.For someone to agree so readily to accept that there are no flaws or contradictions in evolutionary theory tells me that ive devoted three lines to many to a reply...

I'm substantially more well informed by you, living, on top of other factors, in a house with a genetics student and a research geneticist. Whilst there are some areas which are still unknown to us, they are by and large of the form 'we do not know how this specific evolutionary modification occured' which is fair enough if you think about it, because specific evolution is random. In terms of general mechanics and the like, it's probably the (non-physical) theory with the LARGEST BODY OF EVIDENCE IN SUPPORT.

[edit]

That's ignoring, of course, the fact that your reply to my post makes no sense at all. I said 'I know not of any flaws'. This doesn't imply dogmatic faith.

Tell you what.. YOU need more faith to believe in evolution than in God. Tell me why monkeys are not evolving nowadays, they had DNA change recently??

Two points.

1. All states are transitionary states.

You haven't specifically mentioned this kind of problem, but the cut of your arguments implies that it may not be clear to you that evolution is constant and minor. Between fish and birds, we didn't have some kind of fishbird which was 'evolution'. Nothing is static. Everything is evolving. Except maybe some kinds of fruit trees, because they're reproduced by cloning.

2. Things are evolving constantly all the time.

Yes, even humans. The unwieldiness of that sentence was an attempt to get across to you JUST HOW MUCH EVIDENCE THERE IS FOR THIS. I know this was partially covered in my above comment, but this is such a BIG thing you don't appear to have grasped that it was worth repeating with a section in block capitals.

Artorius is Spaceman, previously known as philbo1965uk, both of whom were banned for trolling.

Thats unfair sayo...ive been trying my best to only be critical of misinformed scientific opinion,which some here try to persuade others as fact.

Ive also tried to be more considerate to fellow users,i have posted personal apologies to members and a public apology for my conduct here.I had not realised until directed that some of my posts seem aggresive.I am making every effort to continue my rehabilitation....and hopefully with encouragement and support i can contribute more to the forum.After all i do think i make valid points on occasion.

I am also, trying not to respond to authors who's intent is to get me wound up, so i end up banned again,which hopefully some of the mods can see.I enjoy this forum a great deal and wish to continue to post.

I don't really see it as unfair, compared to say - allowing you to come on here (allegedly drunk) and changing people's names to have sexual or scatalogical connotations, while disadvantaging them by not letting them know that they are talking to someone with a history of trolling.

Despite the fact that when you previously apologised you were at it again the very next day, I'd certainly hope that - as you suggest here - you're starting to get the idea.

Unfortuately its your bias opinion and acusations of me trolling that are the issue here.What i see as retaliation against Ad Hominem towards my posts,despite my following the correct procedure and complaining.You personally ignore blatant flaming and trolling against me and turn that accusation towards me when i make a reply.Now my apologies were and are sincere, i am trying to conform and be more appreciative towards fellow members.However as moderator you are the most prolific offender of both flamming and trolling,others can see that in your posts however i will not be afraid to point this out to you,however much you hold the beating stick of banning over people.

What i consider as unfair is this vendetta of trying to assasinate my character which you continue to do whatever valid points i make.I dont personally know you and on the whole i do not dislike you.Indeed some of your dry humour i share and laugh at,but if you cannot accept you do show bias against me,then you will continue to ban me and accuse me.

I do hope you see this post as non trolling only highlighting my personal thoughts expressed to you in honesty

If you think that identifying you to a member who had already twigged you were trolling is bias, then I think that has more to do with you than me. Frankly I can't think of any reason why someone who has been banned twice for trolling should not be identified to valued regular members.

Due to the fact you have not been banned for a third time, you should know perfectly well that as long as you are not being a twat, you get no more 'flaming and trolling' from me than anybody else does.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on complaining about my 'accusations of trolling'. Remember your penultimate post in the "trilobite & footprint" thread? Changing your username doesn't give you a different history.

Stop harping on about how unjustly maligned you are and just get on with things, for god's sake.

• 11 months later...

Though apes and monkeys are genetically similar to humans, there is no absolute evidence we evolved from these creatures. It is more probable we all developed from the same root stock that had been developing since the earth freed itself from the sun.