YT2095

What "Force" would YOU use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What "Force" would YOU use?

• None
    • Minimun required
    • Extreme
    • Lethal

there`s a new idea out in the UK about relaxing the rules with regards to deffending your home/property and family within it.

this poll is also currently on Sky News, I`de like a Global opinion on this however :)

What do YOU consider is adequate force to stop a criminal in your home, and Why?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed! I was looking for the other catagory, but didn`t rem it, Thnx :)

I`ll not swing the vote, but I WILL point out that ONE of the options had a 78% votage!

I`ll tell you what that vote was in a few days time :))

that depends on the threat they decide to put up firstly i will shout at them tell them to go away ect, if they dont then i will try and throw/push them out of the house, and if they still resist then i will start to use extreme, and if they atempt to kill me or seriously harm me i will basicaly consider anything but i will first try to make them incapable of hurting me ect

I don't know what someone's intentions are for breaking into my house when I'm home, but I would automatically assume they want to harm me or my family. Thus, if I were sleeping at night and someone broke in, I'd probably shoot them. That's a risk I'm not willing to take. Obviously I'd shout threats first to give him a chance. But if that fails there's no doubt in my mind I'd open fire. Many of you will say "minimum necessary", but that tends to change in the heat of the moment.

Now, if I came home and there was a burglar in my house, and he tried to run (no obvious intention of harming ME), then I'd let him run and I'd call the police.

Now, if I came home and there was a burglar in my house, and he tried to run (no obvious intention of harming ME), then I'd let him run and I'd call the police.

see i dont know about that i would want to catch him so he can get arrested ect, but i suppose things can change when you are actually in that situation

Reason #465 to own many large monitor lizards: A dozen or so 6 footers can strip a human body down to a skeleton within 24 hours, and even digest most of the smaller bones. A bit of work with a hammer and they'll even be able to eat and digest the larger bones completely. Only hair, nails, and fertilizer left.

What intruder? Nobody ever broke in here. Why, yes, thanks for noticing, the marigolds *are* coming up nicely this year. It's a special, secret fertilizer blend.

Mokele

I wonder if simply calling the police is considered "none" (as that´s the force I´d personally use) or "lethal" (as that´s how it can turn out for the burglar if he´s very stupid) or anything inbetween (minimum required perhaps).

im sorry i have to write this does anybody know how ozzy got caught robbing houses, his friend told him to wear gloves so he does'nt leave behind finger prints and so ozzy chose to wear the best type of gloves out there fingerless ones:)))))) ozzy is great but stealing is wrong long live ozzy

I would show him my 1337 hand to hand combat skillz, if he's got a weapon, then i would just shout and harass him until i get a chance to do something about it. if hes got a gun, i would go hide in the closet.

Boris: i think i heard that in "Have i got news for you" . btw last fridays host was rubbish. Ian hislop and paul merton were constantly gunning him down.

Boris: i think i heard that in "Have i got news for you" . btw last fridays host was rubbish. Ian hislop and paul merton were constantly gunning him down.

yes that was where i got it from i liked last fridays have i got news for you perhapes because the host was constantly "gunned" by ian hislop and paul merton

Agreed, though Kinnock did show some flashes of humour. Anway, now that he's no longer a shadow spokesperson they should bring back Boris. :rolleyes:

I think that the way the law stands at present, in allowing 'reasonable force' is fine. So therefore my answer would have to be the minimum required. It's an interesting and useful debate to have though, although we do not seem able to have it in the UK as the right-wing press and the Conservative party insist on using Tony Martin as a cause celebre. :mad:

Lethal, if a person is breaking into your home, then you and your family are threatened. They may be unarmed, they may have no intention of murder, they may be anything. Im not going to sit around and take the risk that they may be armed or that they may not try to harm me or anyone else. Someone breaks into my house they're going to have a wall of lead heading in their direction.

I know that in the movies the good guy always uses the minimum amount of force, that is such Bull shit, in real life that guy would end up dead. In the military they tell you that if you shoot, shoot to kill, none of that other shit. A wounded enemy can still kill you.

A wounded enemy can still kill you.

Yes, but an unconscious enemy can be stripped naked, bound tightly about the wrists and ankles, and left in a cage full of hungry giant lizards so you can be entertained by every shriek as they're torn apart and eaten alive.

Mokele