WOW! What a TODO list!

illuusio

If you look at this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_problems_in_physics

What do you think of it? Another day in the office? More handwaving? More dimensions? More everything? :) Or is it time to stop and do some re-thinking? Or do we even care? Everyday life consumes us very effectively so why bother? I get my money constantly and things are pretty much in equilibrium why rock the boat? We can even give some blind eye to minor cosmetic errors in science.

What do you think of it?

The real power of science, in my opinion, is not that it can answer questions but rather that it can ask questions.

Every time some great discovery is made it is the flurry of questions that follow that generate the excitement.

Do you think the existence of problems in physics is a problem? If so, why?

I didn't say that they are problems. But what I mean is that we should make some re-thinking in order to resolve them.

The real power of science, in my opinion, is not that it can answer questions but rather that it can ask questions.

Every time some great discovery is made it is the flurry of questions that follow that generate the excitement.

I 100% agree :)

edit: Wow, my rep is getting bigger! You kids stop clicking that minus sign laugh.gif

Edited by illuusio

I didn't say that they are problems. But what I mean is that we should make some re-thinking in order to resolve them.]

Please answer the question I asked. Your response makes zero sense. If you "didn't say that they are problems", then you imply that they are not problems. Why then would you need "to resolve them"?

However, my question was do you think the existence of these problems is itself a problem, and apparently you do, and if so why do you think it is a problem. Will you now please answer this.

Further, you say that we need some re-thinking. What is wrong with the current approach, which continues to produce new insights, more data and additional questions? What form are you suggesting this new thinking should take and what would make it superior to the present approach?

The reason, I suspect, people keep giving you negative rep is that you have not, apparently, thought through any of these questions.

I didn't say that they are problems. But what I mean is that we should make some re-thinking in order to resolve them.

You didn't say it, but you strongly implied it.

The system seems to be working, as evidenced by all of the answers we've found which, of course, were previously unanswered. Given that track record of success, why is a course correction required?

You didn't say it, but you strongly implied it.

The system seems to be working, as evidenced by all of the answers we've found which, of course, were previously unanswered. Given that track record of success, why is a course correction required?

I have a theory which explains all known anomalies in physics, that's why tongue.gif

I guess it's a shame that you tap-danced around the details when you had the chance to show it off, eh?

Not really. I was saved by the bell (iodine) :) You'll get the proof later. My theory works as you already know. There is very simple test do that, for example modified Cavendish experiment.

I would regard this as a 'short list', as many more could be added. It mentions the Solar Corona for example, but the entire subject

of Solar Activity could be added, it's a very large subject. I starts with the 'magnetic flux tubes', which go by several names BTW, and

includes Sun spots, flares, and even the planetary Aurora's.

We could add all the different varieties of Nebulae, some of which are quite inexplicable, the 'rings' around SN1987a ( look them up )

the bipolar nebulae, and on and on.

If someone thinks that all of these things can be explained within the 'known laws of Physics' please let us know how? I'm all ears.

If someone thinks that all of these things can be explained within the 'known laws of Physics' please let us know how? I'm all ears.

Yep, it would impossible to explain those phenomenon you mentioned with 'known laws of physics'. But by changing the point of view you can explain those all.

If you look at this list http://en.wikipedia....lems_in_physics

What do you think of it? Another day in the office? More handwaving? More dimensions? More everything? :) Or is it time to stop and do some re-thinking? Or do we even care? Everyday life consumes us very effectively so why bother? I get my money constantly and things are pretty much in equilibrium why rock the boat? We can even give some blind eye to minor cosmetic errors in science.

Ur feeling there is on the right course. It is not the scientists that work with the Hubble Telescope's fault with any of current society's problems. It is the bankers I tell ya. And also corrupt employees

Illusio, do you have any intention to answer my post #6? You've managed several other responses since I posted it. I'm starting to feel unloved.

Join the club ;)

I'll answer you now...

I don't think that todo-list is a problem, quite contrary, it's an opportunity for physics to develop. Current foundation in physics will create limits for understanding of nature. Good example is galaxy arms anomaly. Traditional gravitation constant forces us to come up with things like dark matter. Good luck with that one :) You ain't gonna find it, cos there isn't one. But if you accept that G is not constant (as stated in my theory) you can simulate galaxy arms "anomaly" nicely and say goodbye to "dark matter".

Thank you for your response. Would you consider answering another question? Do you realise that your posts make you appear like a deluded, self-righteous, ignorant, poorly educated fool? Is that actually the way you wish to come across? (Oops. More than one question, but you get my drift.)

Thank you for your response. Would you consider answering another question? Do you realise that your posts make you appear like a deluded, self-righteous, ignorant, poorly educated fool? Is that actually the way you wish to come across? (Oops. More than one question, but you get my drift.)

No it's not.

My problem is (rolleyes.gif hehe) that I'm not involved in science world in profession. I do have a degree (M.sc.) but my daytime job is with commercial softwares (and btw I'm NOT a programmer, at least for 10 years). My time resources are limited but to my curse I'm impatient person. Nice combination... not. So out of pure frustration I might be quite provocative from time to time. That ain't helping me either laugh.gif Result is that most people here in SF think that I'm as you described deluded, self-righteous, ignorant and poorly educated fool. What can you do?

Another thing is, even that I'm right with my theory, I do accept that my ideas and theory is somewhat ahead of it's time. But I do have an ace in my sleeve wink.gif I have few inventions which prove me right and as a bonus generate some serious cash flow. Time will tell which happens first, serious attention to my theory or commercial products based on my theory.