Are we living a dream?

I can't get to grips with what came first - why was there a big bang and what caused it. If all matter was compressed into a very small area in the "begining" where did it come from, where did the first ever gas or matter come from? There must be some intelligence in the design of the universe. Look at our world, all living things have been designed through evolution to live successfully in whatever environment they live in. Therefore, I have a theory that absolutely nothing in the universe exists, and the energy that is produced from being a state of "nothing" creates an intelligence or soul that has the ability to create an illusion of a living universe and fantasise what living would be like. Like a dream. We are that intelligence or soul, so the world that we see is our interpretation of what could be possible. Basically our minds find the answers from what seems to work best. That is why we study problems and the bigger the question the longer we take to find an answer. We are the same soul split into millions of beings experiencing living. We may not even be seeing the same world from one another. It's very hard to explain as we don't have a language that can describe this yet. But I believe we are so far away from actually knowing anything about our existence. We can only guess. I beleive this theory can also provide answers to many of our "Big questions".

Does anybody else think this could be possible?

I can't get to grips with what came first - why was there a big bang and what caused it. If all matter was compressed into a very small area in the "begining" where did it come from, where did the first ever gas or matter come from? There must be some intelligence in the design of the universe. Look at our world, all living things have been designed through evolution to live successfully in whatever environment they live in. Therefore, I have a theory that absolutely nothing in the universe exists, and the energy that is produced from being a state of "nothing" creates an intelligence or soul that has the ability to create an illusion of a living universe and fantasise what living would be like. Like a dream. We are that intelligence or soul, so the world that we see is our interpretation of what could be possible. Basically our minds find the answers from what seems to work best. That is why we study problems and the bigger the question the longer we take to find an answer. We are the same soul split into millions of beings experiencing living. We may not even be seeing the same world from one another. It's very hard to explain as we don't have a language that can describe this yet. But I believe we are so far away from actually knowing anything about our existence. We can only guess. I beleive this theory can also provide answers to many of our "Big questions".

Does anybody else think this could be possible?

It came from nothing, if nothing existed, then there was nothing to limit the possibility of what could exist. And besides, if we were living in a dream, how did the dreamer get created? You'd just have an infinite paradox anyway.

Edited by EquisDeXD

It came from nothing, if nothing existed, then there was nothing to limit the possibility of what could exist. And besides, if we were living in a dream, how did the dreamer get created? You'd just have an infinite paradox anyway.

I don't think anything can just appear from nothing I'm affraid, that is why it's easier for me to beleive that our universe is just an illusion from our mind/soul.

When you say dreamer - I was implying that the "nothing" is possibly creating an energy or force (theres not actually a word in our language that can describe this as it is more of an emotion than a physical reaction) that has no limits to what it can actually be, therfore creating a mind that is essentially us.

Do you not think its a bit of a coincidence that we are all living smack bang in the middle of time, where we can see where we've come from but have the insight to see where we may be going.

Thanks for replying.

I don't think anything can just appear from nothing I'm affraid,

Well you should get use to it because there's scientific evidence for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

When you say dreamer - I was implying that the "nothing" is possibly creating an energy or force (theres not actually a word in our language that can describe this as it is more of an emotion than a physical reaction) that has no limits to what it can actually be, therfore creating a mind that is essentially us.

Why don't we assume there's always an invisible, intangible unicorn standing next to us while we're at it?

Do you not think its a bit of a coincidence that we are all living smack bang in the middle of time, where we can see where we've come from but have the insight to see where we may be going.

Yeah it's probably coincidence.

This topic should probably be moved to speculation too, as there isn't really any known way to prove or disprove the OP notion.

The word nothing implies there is someone there to think of the word nothing. This makes the word nothing not the real nothing since a person is there, if you know what I mean.

The word "nothing" is part of our language that we use for description. As I mentioned we do not have a language yet to describe the principles of the content of this theory.

Well you should get use to it because there's scientific evidence for it.

http://en.wikipedia....irtual_particle

http://en.wikipedia..../Casimir_effect

Why don't we assume there's always an invisible, intangible unicorn standing next to us while we're at it?

Yeah it's probably coincidence.

This topic should probably be moved to speculation too, as there isn't really any known way to prove or disprove the OP notion.

There have been plenty of documentries on "Reality" and how it could be possible that we are living in an illusion that is produced from our brains. Try watching "What is Reality" by Horizon on the BBC, or any of Hawkings latest programmes where he also hints on the matter from time to time.

Maybe you should look at it with an open mind rather than mocking other peoples point of view.

The word nothing implies there is someone there to think of the word nothing. This makes the word nothing not the real nothing since a person is there, if you know what I mean.

No, the word nothing implies there was no thing.

The word "nothing" is part of our language that we use for description. As I mentioned we do not have a language yet to describe the principles of the content of this theory.

There have been plenty of documentries on "Reality" and how it could be possible that we are living in an illusion that is produced from our brains. Try watching "What is Reality" by Horizon on the BBC, or any of Hawkings latest programmes where he also hints on the matter from time to time.

Maybe you should look at it with an open mind rather than mocking other peoples point of view.

There are no such "documentaries" that state we are living in reality, those pop-science shows merely state that reality doesn't function as the way we think it does, referring to the completely counter-intuitive nature of quantum mechanics.

Edited by EquisDeXD

how do you know that being a state o nothing produces energy?

You don't, but it's not really that nothing produces anything, it's that nothing is unstable because it's really matter that limits other matter from existing in certain spacial coordinates, not nothingness. A lot of scientists are actually working on ways to figure it out, no really knows, it's all mostly fringe mathematics that can't be proven, there are some theories on quantized dimensional manifolds that comprise the fabric of space as well as borrowed energy and time symmetry.

Edited by EquisDeXD

• 4 weeks later...

It could be that the matter which exists is in a constant state of flux, expanding to an ultimate point, and then reversing direction. Possibly when it reverses direction at first the contracting is slow, and the it begins to accelerate, reaching a point where the aggregated matter is so dense that it can no longer contract. Then after the briefest of steady state moments, it does the big bang thing once again. Is it ever "nothing"? Can both "nothing" and "everything" exist simultaneously, perhaps in parallel universes? This is the conundrum. Read about the Conundrum Theory at <http://www.daveworld.biz/higgs-boson-conundrum-theory.html>

It could be that the matter which exists is in a constant state of flux, expanding to an ultimate point, and then reversing direction. Possibly when it reverses direction at first the contracting is slow, and the it begins to accelerate, reaching a point where the aggregated matter is so dense that it can no longer contract. Then after the briefest of steady state moments, it does the big bang thing once again. Is it ever "nothing"? Can both "nothing" and "everything" exist simultaneously, perhaps in parallel universes? This is the conundrum. Read about the Conundrum Theory at <http://www.daveworld.biz/higgs-boson-conundrum-theory.html>

Thanks Dave, If I'm understanding things correctly, are you saying that matter is contracting through our universe, and particles which are expanding and reversing are connecting to one another creating our (reality) universe, which would suggest this universe is built on various parrallels, or is it that the fluxuating particles collided as they travelled back and forth (possible even just 1 particle of matter on different parrallels) and uItimately caused the big bang as they smashed into each others path? I guess the fluxuating matter explains the size scale of the universe - see a good example here -http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/scale_of_the_universe_2012

But some kind of energy would be required for the matter to be active or moving in whatever state it is, so where did this energy come from?

• 2 weeks later...

why is this not in speculations? lol

and just for the record, you state 'something cannot be created fro nothing'

yet your theory relies on some conciousness being created because there is nothing there.

Sorry if you didn't understand!

Im sure its more plausable for a 'consiousness' to manifest compared to physical matter.

Sorry if you didn't understand!

Im sure its more plausable for a 'conciousness' to manifest compared to physical matter.

apart from the fact that conciousness as we know it comes from physical matter

and you have no evidence for saying a 'consiousness' is more likely to manifest itself, so i would say that anything is equally as likely

apart from the fact that conciousness as we know it comes from physical matter

and you have no evidence for saying a 'consiousness' is more likely to manifest itself, so i would say that anything is equally as likely

I can't find any evidence that conciousness comes from physical matter, only that it directs it.

Only that matter directs consciousness or that consciousness directs matter?

Consciousness directs matter.

'consciousness' allows our material world to exist - would anything exist if we didn't have consciousness to see it?

Basically our consciousness can manipulate what we beleive to be reality.