Game design

sumit

Which programming language is the sims social using? How did they integrate it with facebook. To create a sims like simulation a great engine is required. Does facebook provide the engine? or if not how does it work. I would appreaciate if someone helps me out. What i'm trying to do is to create a sims like game and upload it on a website. Thus which programming language should i use keeping in mind that it requires no installation on the users part but also keeping the level of graphics like sims.(similar).

thanks!

Integrated with Facebook, as in built into Facebook's website, or does it just spam messages about player "achievements" onto Facebook?

To create a sims like simulation a great engine is required

"Game engine" isn't such a generic term.

Does facebook provide the engine?

No. There is no such almighty powerful engine required to make a simulation game. In fact, I programmed a graphical chicken farming game when I was 11 years old. Simulation games are very very easy to make in comparison to other genres. Facebook has no business providing game engines anyway... :blink:

Edited by Ben Bowen

Which programming language is the sims social using? How did they integrate it with facebook. To create a sims like simulation a great engine is required. Does facebook provide the engine?

Facebook provides the API which can be accessed with various languages.

The facebook 'like' button on some website uses the same API which the sims game is using.

oh alright. Thanks a lot! also can you tell me which programming language is used to create a site like facebook, you know right from the layout to keeping track of all info. Both the front end and back end.

also which language is good for making simulation games. Java? flash? or any other

thanks!

Edited by sumit

which language is good for making simulation games.

None in particular. Any language which is good for making games (at least) -- satisfactory for your ambition and comfortable for you to use -- is good for your purpose of developing simulation games. Flash isn't a programming *language* itself, though ActionScript (Flash's scripting component) is.

• 3 weeks later...