Who really killed our Ambassador to Libya?

rigney

I don't avoid either view of an issue as some seem to do,

Yes you do.

It is very obvious that you do.

In particular, here is a viewpoint that you have ignored consistently for ages.

You have not answered my earlier question.

Unless you are accusing someone of handing it out, there's no way I could smell the crap is there?

That's my point.

You are contradicting yourself.

So, lets get this straight

Exactly what crap are you saying is being handed out?

Who is doing it?

What evidence is there to back up your accusation (even if you insist that it's not an accusation)?

I predict a non-answer- go on- be a devil- prove me wrong and actually answer the questions.

Did you think we would believe you when you said you hadn't ignored it?

You still have not answered it.

Why did you think we would believe you?

Edited by John Cuthber

Yes you do.

It is very obvious that you do.

In particular, here is a viewpoint that you have ignored consistently for ages.

You have not answered my earlier question.

Unless you are accusing someone of handing it out, there's no way I could smell the crap is there?

That's my point.

You are contradicting yourself.

So, lets get this straight

Exactly what crap are you saying is being handed out?

Who is doing it?

What evidence is there to back up your accusation (even if you insist that it's not an accusation)?

I predict a non-answer- go on- be a devil- prove me wrong and actually answer the questions.

Did you think we would believe you when you said you hadn't ignored it?

You still have not answered it.

Why did you think we would believe you?

What is this "we" thing! Do you have a mouse in your pocket? With the knowledge that has been corrooborated concerning the Benghazi incident I would think that even you would be smart enough to find a solution of your own by now. Me , I had my mind made up from the get go and was just asking questions. Our government, almost to a man; has been culpable in those four murders. If you're trying to use me as a method of digging for buried treasure in this mess, forget it. My heart breaks for the families, friends and relatives of those four guys, but in no way to absolve our leaders for their cowardness. Today is Friday, the 2nd of November. A few days from now the truth will be told. Edited by rigney

And you did so based on absolutely nothing. This is quite apparent.

You're an old navy guy that I would think,is much smarter. But it's quite apparant that you've evidently never had a hunch? Edited by rigney

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10511158

"5. WHAT THE CIA SAYS REALLY HAPPENED IN BENGHAZI

Agency officers say they responded to the attack on the U.S. Consulate in less than 25 minutes and were never told to delay or stand down."

It looks like some bunch of shits with guns killed the embassy staff.

There was no conspiracy involved.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10511158

"5. WHAT THE CIA SAYS REALLY HAPPENED IN BENGHAZI

Agency officers say they responded to the attack on the U.S. Consulate in less than 25 minutes and were never told to delay or stand down."

It looks like some bunch of shits with guns killed the embassy staff.

There was no conspiracy involved.

Dream on my man! This is what happened as it was happening.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-met-panetta-and-biden-wh-benghazi-terror-attack-unfolded

Great attempt at a neutral source there.

Anyway, it says "The terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began at about 9:40 p.m. Benghazi time—or about 3:40 p.m. Washington, D.C. time"

and "It was not until 11:00 p.m. Benghazi time—or just as Obama’s 5:00 p.m. meeting with Panetta and Biden was starting in Washington, D.C.—that the U.S. agents in Benghazi decided to abandon the main consulate facility there.

“At 11 p.m. members of the Libyan 17th February Brigade advised they could no longer hold the area around the main building and insisted on evacuating the site,” Lamb testified. “The agents made a final search for the Ambassador before leaving in an armed vehicle.""

So it looks pretty much like someone attacked the embassy and some military types went to rescue the people there. It's not clear how long that took, but they had done as much as they could within 90 minutes.

And the next morning Obama was on TV telling people about a terrorist attack.

What's the problem?

A few days from now the truth will be told.

I'm not sure why you constantly assert "we will find out the truth" about all these issues you're bringing up as a result of the election outcome. The election result is irrelevant to the events preceding the election or the veracity of what the candidates said in the lead up.

Great attempt at a neutral source there.

Anyway, it says "The terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began at about 9:40 p.m. Benghazi time—or about 3:40 p.m. Washington, D.C. time"

and "It was not until 11:00 p.m. Benghazi time—or just as Obama’s 5:00 p.m. meeting with Panetta and Biden was starting in Washington, D.C.—that the U.S. agents in Benghazi decided to abandon the main consulate facility there.

“At 11 p.m. members of the Libyan 17th February Brigade advised they could no longer hold the area around the main building and insisted on evacuating the site,” Lamb testified. “The agents made a final search for the Ambassador before leaving in an armed vehicle.""

So it looks pretty much like someone attacked the embassy and some military types went to rescue the people there. It's not clear how long that took, but they had done as much as they could within 90 minutes.

And the next morning Obama was on TV telling people about a terrorist attack.

What's the problem?

No problem! That is, if you don't want to see it.

I'm not sure why you constantly assert "we will find out the truth" about all these issues you're bringing up as a result of the election outcome. The election result is irrelevant to the events preceding the election or the veracity of what the candidates said in the lead up.

Because, like it or not; you will have to confront it. And the election will have nothing to do with it once Obama is on the curb. Edited by rigney

Because, like it or not; you will have to confront it. And the election will have nothing to do with it once Obama is on the curb.

OK a) I'm not a US citizen, so I don't have anything to confront.

But let's back up a little. The point I am trying to get across is that the outcome of an election does not "prove" any facts. If Romney wins the election it doesn't suddenly validate untrue arguments. It doesn't make Obama a Muslim, a Kenyan, an atheist, a communist etc and so on. It doesn't suddenly change the state of the economy, US deficit, unemployment rates over the last four years. The outcome of the election does not have any valid impact on whether there is a conspiracy over the US embassy attack in Libya.

So why do you keep asserting that somehow the outcome of the election will "prove" these things? Surely you understand that the validity of all of these arguments and claims is independent of the election result, right?

OK a) I'm not a US citizen, so I don't have anything to confront.

But let's back up a little. The point I am trying to get across is that the outcome of an election does not "prove" any facts. If Romney wins the election it doesn't suddenly validate untrue arguments. It doesn't make Obama a Muslim, a Kenyan, an atheist, a communist etc and so on. It doesn't suddenly change the state of the economy, US deficit, unemployment rates over the last four years. The outcome of the election does not have any valid impact on whether there is a conspiracy over the US embassy attack in Libya.

So why do you keep asserting that somehow the outcome of the election will "prove" these things? Surely you understand that the validity of all of these arguments and claims is independent of the election result, right?

As things stand now, you are spot on. The only thing that can be substantiated is that this democratic cabinet isn't going to say anything at the moment to detract from Obama's chances of winning this election on Tuesday. Personally I can't blame them. If it were the republicans keeping mum on what they know or didn't knew, it would be the same. If the reps don't get elected we will likely never know what happened in Libya and that is as it should and will be.

You really are missing the point aren't you?

No matter who wins the elections Obama still won't be a communist or a Muslim or whatever will he?

The difference it will make is that some people who have lied about him before will be able to do so again from a position of more authority.

You really are missing the point aren't you?

No matter who wins the elections Obama still won't be a communist or a Muslim or whatever will he?

The difference it will make is that some people who have lied about him before will be able to do so again from a position of more authority.

John Boy, being so well informed and politically savvy, you should either run for the house of commons, lords, whigs, labor or what ever over there, or else move here to the US and take our political system in hand. Lord knows, we desperately need someone like you to help us. Edited by rigney

Unfortunately, a copy of my birth certificate shows I was born in England (though my dad was born in Kenya about 80 years ago).

So I'm unable to stand for US presidency.

Also I remind you of the total mess that happened last time we had an Oxford educated chemist as prime minister.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_Tax_Riots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_Conflict

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_miners%27_strike_(1984%E2%80%931985)

And last, but by no means least, the wife swapping party from hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reagan%27s_-_Thatcher%27s_c50515-16.jpg

Of course, that might all be a smokescreen to stop anyone realising that I am actually a politician.

In any event, feel free to answer the questions.

Unfortunately, a copy of my birth certificate shows I was born in England (though my dad was born in Kenya about 80 years ago).

So I'm unable to stand for US presidency.

Also I remind you of the total mess that happened last time we had an Oxford educated chemist as prime minister.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_Tax_Riots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_Conflict

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_miners%27_strike_(1984%E2%80%931985)

And last, but by no means least, the wife swapping party from hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reagan%27s_-_Thatcher%27s_c50515-16.jpg

Of course, that might all be a smokescreen to stop anyone realising that I am actually a politician.

In any event, feel free to answer the questions.

But since I am not a politician and only a lower middle class uneducated American, you may think I am funning you, but I'm not. My only intent from the very beginning of this thread was to get at the truth. But since all there seems to be coming from our cabinet is half truths, innuendo or out and out lies, I see no reason to continue this topic by dragging an honorable name like Margaret Thatcher into the gutter with it. Will have more on topic to say come Wednesday.

My only intent from the very beginning of this thread was to get at the truth.

You chose an odd way to go about that. You know, making vague accusations and whatnot.

But since all there seems to be coming from our cabinet is half truths, innuendo or out and out lies

Such as?

OK, it's wednesday, Rigney's day of truth. All through this thread he has been promising us that today will be the day that we get the "Truth" The answers to all of the questions he has been avoiding.

We await.

As much as it pains me, I must congratulate the President on his re-election and earnestly hope for a unification of contrasting policies that will perhaps benefit this country instead of ripping it apart. But the Benghazi massacre? The truth of that fiasco will have to wait another four years Edited by rigney

As much as it pains me, I must congratulate the President on his re-election and earnestly hope for a unification of contrasting policies that will perhaps benefit this country instead of ripping it apart. But the Benghazi massacre? The truth of that fiasco will have to wait another four years

How convenient.... :rolleyes: