graviton and the higgs field

hewj11

There is no competent theory that links Quantum Mechanics or the rest of Physics with Gravity. No one knows what a

Graviton 'looks like' in a theory. Even greats like Richard Feynman, who tried to link them, have not found an answer.

So be suspicious of any glib answers.

how does/much or does it even; the graviton interact with the higgs field?

We know how to couple scalar field theories with gravity, see here. You could then linearise the theory and study gravitons taking quantum general relativity as an effective theory.

No, that's not true. A graviton, if it exists, must be a massless spin-2 Boson. That's some idea of what it looks like.

The phrase 'if it exists' is important here. And this is part of a model Feynman was working on. Maybe I should have said

'there is not a generally accepted theory that connects Gravity with the rest of Physics', because this spin-2 gravity is not

yet generally accepted. But then I'm fiddling around with something that involves quadrupoles and that involves spin-2

and I may flip completely around on this issue. So I'll just say that you may be entirely right, but we still need to put it in

a competent theory.

Has that confused matters enough.

Edited by Ronald Hyde