Romney mocked for comment about jet windows

CaptainPanic

I personally think it is a good idea. I'm going to assume the republicans have a better idea. If there was anything behind that argument, it probably would be in an ad right now... But then, maybe not. What you said is logical, except for republicans trying to harm America.

Where, exactly, did the logic fail? They purposefully blocked a bill that would stimulate job growth without offering valid alternatives. That is purposefully harming the country, not trying to harm the country. Even if they did have a better idea, why not pass the bill to stimulate job growth and then introduce their bill to stimulate it even more.

Officially, yes, they accept it, but none of them actually believe it. After all, evolution is almost as silly as the moon being bright before the sun existed. Right?

Would you like to cite evidence that no Catholics believe in evolution, because I have quite a bit of anecdotal evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, I truly hope that quip about evolution is a joke.

Edited by Ringer

Where, exactly, did the logic fail? They purposefully blocked a bill that would stimulate job growth without offering valid alternatives. That is purposefully harming the country, not trying to harm the country. Even if they did have a better idea, why not pass the bill to stimulate job growth and then introduce their bill to stimulate it even more.

[/size]

Would you like to cite evidence that no Catholics believe in evolution, because I have quite a bit of anecdotal evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, I truly hope that quip about evolution is a joke.

The purpose of a political party is to do what is in the best interest of it's country. Maybe they thought the liberal plan would interfere with their own...I'm sure some Catholics believe in evolution, just not the majority, by far. If you had ever read the bible, to know what you don't believe in, you would know that Genesis 1 says the moon was created and bright before the sun even existed. Without the sun's light, the moon wouldn't be bright. There wouldn't have been the gravity needed to form the Earth, so that it could in turn form the moon. It was a joke. I was being sarcastic and saying evolution was silly by comparing it to something incredibly silly, like the statements of Genesis 1. I think a doh emoticon is needed, no offense, of course. :doh:

The purpose of a political party is to do what is in the best interest of it's country. Maybe they thought the liberal plan would interfere with their own

I understand why you would say that, but there isn't indication I have seen that they have a better plan, or a true plan at all for that matter.

I'm sure some Catholics believe in evolution, just not the majority, by far. If you had ever read the bible, to know what you don't believe in, you would know that Genesis 1 says the moon was created and bright before the sun even existed. Without the sun's light, the moon wouldn't be bright. There wouldn't have been the gravity needed to form the Earth, so that it could in turn form the moon. It was a joke. I was being sarcastic and saying evolution was silly by comparing it to something incredibly silly, like the statements of Genesis 1. I think a doh emoticon is needed, no offense, of course. :doh:

I was just making sure. It's hard to tell when a statement like that is a joke by just reading it.

Also after a quick google search it seems over 50% of catholics believe in evolution:

http://publicreligion.org/research/2011/09/climate-change-evolution-2012/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution#Support_for_evolution_by_religious_bodies

I understand why you would say that, but there isn't indication I have seen that they have a better plan, or a true plan at all for that matter.

I was just making sure. It's hard to tell when a statement like that is a joke by just reading it.

Also after a quick google search it seems over 50% of catholics believe in evolution:

http://publicreligio...evolution-2012/

http://en.wikipedia....eligious_bodies

I'm going to hope they have a better plan...You couldn't tell that was a joke? How could anyone be that ignorant? Especially someone who denounces religion in their signature. I definitely believe in evolution.That stat surprises me. Maybe the ones I talked to just felt pressured because they were surrounded by other Catholics. Huh.

chilled_fluorine, are you supporting the republican party just because you can't stand the thought of supporting the other party, or do you support the republican party because you really believe in their ideals? Because the way you keep making excuses to why they claim X or Y or claim to believe in X or Y seems like it's more the former than it is the latter.

And if that's the case, I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to argue at all...?

He said he'd lower the debt, and decrease the unemployment rate, but he didn't. 5 trillion dollars and 3% disagree with you.

Obama was elected in Jan 2009 According to this data

http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=z1ebjpgk2654c1_&met_y=unemployment_rate&idim=country:US&fdim_y=seasonality:S&dl=en&hl=en&q=unemployment+us

that's just before the unemployment figures stop rising (October 2009) and start to fall.

The best yo can do is accuse him of taking a few months to get started on reducing it.

And so, once again we are back to the question of "If you have to say things that are not true to support your position is it because your position is wrong?

chilled_fluorine, are you supporting the republican party just because you can't stand the thought of supporting the other party, or do you support the republican party because you really believe in their ideals? Because the way you keep making excuses to why they claim X or Y or claim to believe in X or Y seems like it's more the former than it is the latter.

And if that's the case, I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to argue at all...?

I've taken a few of those online tests, and I usually come up as believing in 80-90% of what the republicans do. If I couldn't be a republican, I would probably become a libertarian. They still believe more of what I do than the democrats.

Obama was elected in Jan 2009 According to this data

http://www.google.co...unemployment+us

that's just before the unemployment figures stop rising (October 2009) and start to fall.

The best yo can do is accuse him of taking a few months to get started on reducing it.

And so, once again we are back to the question of "If you have to say things that are not true to support your position is it because your position is wrong?

I have to say it looks like the rate started to spike right when he took office.