Have I Been Poisoned?

KarenSedd

I found out recently that Have been dating a pathalogical liar. If you do not know what this is, read carefully: it is someone who fabricates nearly everything in their lives, briliantly, almost undetectably. It is very scary and I am realizing, now, that I developed arthritis in my fingers between the 2nd and 3rd dates with this person.

The though occurred to me that perhaps he drugged my food and somehow this has caused the crippling of my hands.

I could see someone of thi nature carrying something like this out bc once I would find out who he"really" is (much less 'adequate' in his own eyes than the millionaire, ebonaire perosn he made himself out to be), I would be less likely to leave bc I would need him.

I know poisoning doesn't usually involve symptoms of arthritis...but one never knows.

I'd love any feedback or experience, strength and hope.

Thank you!

I found out recently that Have been dating a pathalogical liar. If you do not know what this is, read carefully: it is someone who fabricates nearly everything in their lives, briliantly, almost undetectably. It is very scary and I am realizing, now, that I developed arthritis in my fingers between the 2nd and 3rd dates with this person.

The though occurred to me that perhaps he drugged my food and somehow this has caused the crippling of my hands.

I could see someone of thi nature carrying something like this out bc once I would find out who he"really" is (much less 'adequate' in his own eyes than the millionaire, ebonaire perosn he made himself out to be), I would be less likely to leave bc I would need him.

I know poisoning doesn't usually involve symptoms of arthritis...but one never knows.

I'd love any feedback or experience, strength and hope.

Thank you!

I don't know of any toxin that could induce arthritis like symptoms, except maybe HF. But there would be more noticeable things before what you described. Go to a doctor. If you have any evidence whatsoever, go to the police. I really have to say that you are probably just getting paranoid, and nothing happened. It's either nothing, or you actually have arthritis,

• 3 months later...

I take medication that can cause arthritis, and helps stop it due to my medical health. Large enough doses of anti-inflammatory medication can really mess with your body, but plenty of other medications can do this as well. Inflammatory agents can also cause pain in the joints... joints are like little balloons between your bones, make them shrink and there are problems with everything around them, make them expand and there are problems with the joints themselves, and the stuff around them with the pressure they cause.

So yes, go see a doctor, they have some tests to be able to help you. Because it didn't hit your feet first, I doubt it's gout... but we wouldn't want to eliminate that. If it is gout, then you're probably eating "rich food" when you go out on dates with him.

SO many things can cause arthritis and arthritis symptoms, so it's uncertain what is going on and what could be going on.

I lost use of my arms for a month, I couldn't open a bag of cereal and was in pain while trying to sleep or move a laptop. the doctors checked me for tons of different things, general arthritis, rumitoid, gout, so on and what not. they didn't find anything, and I'm fine now. My condition was caused by my colon. My father had the same thing happen to him, had a hard time doing everything, driving, eating, sleeping, putting on and taking off clothing. He didn't seek medical attention, one month later he regained the use of his arms over night.

The doctors may not find out what's going on, you could be being drugged, this could just be a coincidental random reaction in your body, it could be from what you're eating, genetics, who knows *shrugs*

Coincidence is real, by my experience. I had no signs of colon disease, after seeing my doc about my liver for a year, we scheduled a colonoscopy right at the beginning of last summer, we had talked about it before too and just didn't do anything about it. TWO weeks before my colonoscopy, my disease set in and I wasn't able to do anything, I barely was able to take three of my exams and had to take in completes for two of them. I refused to eat to try to dull the pain.

My advice for ANY medical issues is to refuse to let it take you down, stay happy, get fixed up for what you can, fight with tooth and claw for what they can't fix, and if there's something that would normally make you sad, toss those emotional worries out the window and skip in the sunshine.

First of all, never speak to the guy again. Even if he "changed" it sounds like someone you should steer well clear off, Anyone who lies is just a pain to be honest.

Definetly go and see a doctor no matter what because if it was a poisoning then by the fifth day it could be irreversible. i dont think it sounds like a poisoning because nothing else has happened to you but get it checked to be safe and Stay the hell away from the guy.

• 1 month later...

Probably not. You probably have arthritis. The thing about the internet is that if you look long enough, you'll find the answer you're looking for. So if you go to enough forums and Google enough, you'll probably eventually come across a toxin that causes symptoms similar to those. But that's probably not what is happening. But if it concerns you enough, you should go to a doctor. Which begs the question, why haven't you seen a doctor? Usually posts like yours that incorporate personal issues are rooted in a desire for people to listen to and empathize with your situation, rather than looking for an actual answer. When people want an actual answer, they go to the doctor. Also, stop dating bad people.

• 3 months later...

There is the possibility that you could be sensitive to gluten, dairy, or numerous other things. Anything that irritates the body has the potential to cause inflammation which can definitely cause arthritic symptoms.

I also agree with previous posts on staying away from this guy. If you're seriously concerned about poisoning you could have lab work done. Of course with the time frame it probably woukdnt be accurate. The above mentioned paranoia is also highly possible as well as understandable in this case.