Image compression algorithm language

alan2here

My idea is that a raster image file format could be created where the data for the image was interpreted as instructions in an algorythm language.

That way people could encode however they liked, PNG, JPEG or some other means that hasn't been designed yet, regardless of if the recipient's computer has previously known about the algorithm or not.

Directed search could also be used such as Genetic Algorithm (genetic programming), A* (it's a search too) or a varient of Monty Carlo Tree Search for this task to create the perfect algorythm for the image being compressed.

Edited by alan2here

i think You have a big one for me. i might like to have it to help all earth beings.

alan2here, i'd like U to have my one among other if U can use it. a concept for programming, one beginning programming lang for all other langs where can compressed data be helpful.

maybe U'd like to combine something with my one, if U want to. here is page: https://sites.google.com/site/synthprogramminglanguage/

Your example code:

Car (Name -> "Car", Use -> "Ordinary", ScapeType -> "GroundScape");

Reminds me of C# where functions such as constructors can be used as so.

Car("Car", "Ordinary", "GroundScape");

Or like this.

Car (Name: "Car", Use: "Ordinary", ScapeType: "GroundScape");

I have this too:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gycrYIa2C_iX5YHfDB6NyqxPXKhpQdb1OA77FjSbrvE/edit

All going a off topic though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll draw you a nice analogy type picture. Most compression algorithms .rar, .zip, etc. have a self-extracting format available for use. You don't have to use it, but you may.

This is more or less what you're describing, but you want to have options to it. Unlike the usual images formats these are executables, binaries, they yield a file, or a

folder full of files. On the other hand, an image format is 'read' by another application and composed into a bitmap which is incorporated into the screen bitmap.

So now you see exactly what is involved here and what options might be available to you.

• 11 months later...

now the link removed by mod can do all kinds of stuff, image conversion,procession ,annotation,barcode reading,generating and imag compression and so on. we need to make use of their brilliant ideas.

thanks for sharing, that's awesome but somewhat overpriced for me who will just use it only once, do you have some cheaper or even free versions, any suggestion will be appreciated!

• 6 months later...

My idea is that a raster image file format could be created where the data for the image was interpreted as instructions in an algorythm language.

That way people could encode however they liked, PNG, JPEG or some other means that hasn't been designed yet, regardless of if the recipient's computer has previously known about the algorithm or not.

Directed search could also be used such as Genetic Algorithm (genetic programming), A* (it's a search too) or a varient of Monty Carlo Tree Search for this task to create the perfect algorythm for the image being compressed.

This is a poor file format idea. To be able to express a raster image in a language, requires a context-free language, which means that you would have to design and (if you want it to be used) safely implement a full programming language into the library that interprets this file format, which is almost always a bad idea... We have languages that are already capable of doing this, OpenGL for an exceptionally good example, and you can write them in the languages that they have already implemented C/C++ for example, which already come with really good parsers and compilers. For a bonus, they even have the ability to export pictures in the above-mentioned formats, and can also write to the video buffer almost directly without using an image compression format (or i suppose it would technically be bmp).

Just $.02