Google Scientific Journal Search

Mokele

I'm suprised this hasn't actually been posted here yet.

Google's new scholarly search engine

I tried it out, and was delighted; I immediately found several papers I'd been after. It's still in beta, and doesn't give full-text access to all articles (but does for a fair few), but it's still awesome!

Try it out!

Mokele

Seems decent. I didn't think it was superior to medline however (at least for the subjects I usually search for).

Still needs a way to search by author and/or year of publication etc. I wonder how this particular search engine works. Usually for online journals the author selects a few keywords which will result in a "hit". I wonder if it searches by number of links or whatever the same way normal google does.

The funny thing is, iirc, those words were an insult. At one point, Hooke and Newton got into it, Hooke claiming Newton had stolen his work. Newton said "If I have seen farther than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" because Hooke was apparently quite short.

So basically, their motto is a snide insult by Newton.

• 2 weeks later...

Blah

All the papers I want go to Pubmed, which then takes me to ScienceDirect, which then wants me to pay! <_<

I found a good site for papers though: http://carcin.oupjournals.org/

There's other categories too.

Does anyone have any other sites that have FREE online papers?

In particular, papers dealing with the maths and physics of radiation backscatter?

Thanks in advance, if you have any ... :)

• 3 weeks later...