Confused!

benzex

WELL! BUDDIES, I LOVE CHEMISTRY . BUT...THINGS R CONFUSIN.LOOK! I AM BENZEX OR U CAN CALL BENZENE.MY TEACHER TOLD ME ABOUT THE MOLECULE AND I READ A LOT ABOUT THE MOLECULE FROM BOOKS.HISTORY SAYS BENZENE IS FOUND BY A SCIENTIST KEKULE'.BUT SOME BOOKS SAY ITS REALLY FOUND BY AN AUSTRIAN TEACHER AND KEKULE' FOUND HIS WRITINGS AND DREAMED ABOUT THE MOLECULE.SO THE MOLECULE IS REALLY FOUND BY THIS TEACHER THEN.THE QUESTION IS ,Y KEKULE'S NAME IN HISTORY BUT NOT THE TRUE FOUNDER ,THE TEACHER?CONFUSED! REALLY UNFAIR .(I AM NOT AGAINST KEKULE' HEHEHE). :confused :confused: !

Perhaps it's because the teacher didn't document the findings or report it to a proper source. There are a lot of things in chemistry that were 'discovered' by people other than the one given credit. That's because a lot of times the true 'discoverer' never documented the process of discovering it, or didn't provide a way for others to discover it as well. Therefore, there was no way to prove that they found it. Along comes another person who properly documents the procedure of the discovery, and reports it properly. They then get the credit.

Perhaps it's because the teacher didn't document the findings or report it to a proper source. There are a lot of things in chemistry that were 'discovered' by people other than the one given credit. That's because a lot of times the true 'discoverer' never documented the process of discovering it, or didn't provide a way for others to discover it as well. Therefore, there was no way to prove that they found it. Along comes another person who properly documents the procedure of the discovery, and reports it properly. They then get the credit.

thanx.