Do aliens watch Seinfeld?

slickinfinit

A dumb title question lol, but if we have been observed by a alien race for whatever reason I think they would show great intrest in our media culture and might even be fans to some of our entertainment from however long they have been watching we have been doin interesting things just for entertainment. I cant say anything about something I dont know (E.T) but I will state what I think and I cant see a advanced lifeform that wouldnt find Seinfeld funny lol. They might find it to be irrelevant but I dont think so because it is a major part of us and to study it would healp them learn more of us and I hope they are gettin clear free earth cable lol cause I aint lol.

lol I think u missed my point I was just saying that there is a good chance aliens are also fans of our media or they just observe and cant fathom why we make such non-sense. We know we do because it makes us laugh or express an emotion towards are forms of art they might not understand and the concept of art and entertainment might not be part of their culture. I am a Seinfeld fan I only used it as an example I didnt know there was an anti Seinfeld movement lol jokin .

how would they know which programs are fiction and which are nonfiction? aren't there computer chips and such in televisions to "decode" the messege sent through the electromagnetic radiation. if so, they probably never saw said programs on television.

I was just saying that there is a good chance aliens are also fans of our media .......... I am a Seinfeld fan I only used it as an example .
I enjoy Seinfeld also, but I would be astounded if aliens could even begin to understand it. Not to put to fine a point on it ..... they are ..... alien. Strange, different, unknown, unfamiliar. When we eventually meet aliens it may take us several years of intense effort to get to the "Hello, nice to see you stage." It may not even be possible to communicate with them at all, their thought processes could be so different. We are still somewhat unclear of the function of humour, so there is no gauruntee that aliens would have a sense of humour. So, I think it very unlikely that they will be fans of Seinfeld.

yea u got realy good points but there might be guidlines which life follows that are universal like 1. all life knows pleasure in whatever form it may precieve it 2. all life knows pain in whatever form it precieves if we can assume these 2 rules than maby humor is universal to all life, it might just be a matter of understanding and comprehension that links ours humors to form a sit-com lol jokin.

A dumb title question lol, but if we have been observed by a alien race for whatever reason I think they would show great intrest in our media culture and might even be fans to some of our entertainment from however long they have been watching we have been doin interesting things just for entertainment. I cant say anything about something I dont know (E.T) but I will state what I think and I cant see a advanced lifeform that wouldnt find Seinfeld funny lol. They might find it to be irrelevant but I dont think so because it is a major part of us and to study it would healp them learn more of us and I hope they are gettin clear free earth cable lol cause I aint lol.

Depends on personal taste. I watch it but I preffer Jerry Springer,

and keep an eye on the dog on that curb....

chz

Never!

I just was trying to think of the most rediculous shows on TV. I try to avoid TV programming at all costs (movies are great though)' date=' CSI gets me almost everytime though.[/quote']

Have seen the movies lately?

I like CSI, through, but Without a Trace is better. Did you see the radiation eposide of CSI:Miami? Scared the hell out of me! :)

Have seen the movies lately?

I like CSI' date=' through, but [i']Without a Trace[/i] is better. Did you see the radiation eposide of CSI:Miami? Scared the hell out of me! :)

I actually don't watch CSI:Miami, just the regular CSI, but I did watch without a trace the other night after CSI, it was the episode about the boy who went missing from school, it was really good.

• 2 weeks later...
how would they know which programs are fiction and which are nonfiction? aren't there computer chips and such in televisions to "decode" the messege sent through the electromagnetic radiation. if so, they probably never saw said programs on television.

No, TV's dont need chips to opperate, TV's were invented before computer chips were. If they were monitering us they would do it by basic radio first, even if they didn't know it was sound waves they would probably guess that pretty quickly. TV would come next, and be trickier to get a visual component in the same way that we see it, but since they must be pretty advanced just to get here they should be able to figure this out. Messages that are encoded are those that are digitally sent, like satellite TV.