Proof of God

angela860

I don't profess evolution is false. I am stating that things cannot be proven either way on many things. I personally am convinced through life experiences or insanity that telepathy and precognition both exist, so I will not be happy with explanations that discount the idea of Mass Consciousness and God.

You have no more proof that there is no god than I have of there being one. I doubt I would ever convince you, and I am pretty set in my views also.

I think God is a part of everything and it's about experiencing. I think creation happens slowly through evolution, but the balances in nature that are necessary to create life are here.

You are indeed completely correct, nonetheless the burden of proof weighs on your shoulders not mine. I have asked several times for something to back up your horse feathers with something beside i believe so it must be true.

This has nothing to do with opinion or views on a subject, somethings are demonstrably or evidently true, somethings are not demonstrable or evidently true, the supernatural rests completely in the latter category until you can supply demonstrable evidence...

I don't understand your your views/my views thing, if wrong I want to know and I'll thank who ever tells me I am wrong because i won't be wrong anymore. It has nothing to do with my views on any subject...

Edited by Moontanman

I think...

Neither science nor religion can answer all the questions...

Unanswered questions, mysteries, the unknowable, the infinite regress will always wink at humanity or any other super intelligent life...

Even god will be searching the answers to questions like....

From where i came?....

What is the source of infinte power/energy/thought that i possess?

etc.

The imagination: you’re a finite being, so “power/energy/thought” is also finite, it’s only our atoms that are infinite.

Edited by dimreepr

@ Phiforall,

You can sum a position up as relating to religion above, and yet if I said something comparable, like "I don't believe in god because the pope says Pork is Evil and I likes my Bacon",

Both statements refer to the pope as if that human could make decisions for god, and yet mine is supposed to be straw man?

Well if (as you claim) you are not parodying the notion of god you certainly threw a jab at the pope.

You were the one getting all Catholic in this discussion, yet religion is not really the topic.

The post you've been quoting was NOT a summation of any position. MonDie asked me if I lived my life expecting gravity to be falsified, because it's a theory built on accumulated evidence rather than "proof". I answered, and then proposed that religion (the process surrounding every god) has always had a problem with falsification. And then I gave an example of this in Catholicism. It was not "a jab at the pope".

Supernatural phenomena are unfalsifiable. That's not to say they're real or not, it means there's no way to ever show they're false, and that's one of the first ways to test if a theory is sound. You can't accumulate evidence to support the idea that "God exists even though we can't detect Him". We always need a way to show that something is capable of being false, that we COULD find evidence if we tried, and you can't do that with beings who won't let themselves be observed and tested. God(s) are unfalsifiable.

What evidence....

It doesn’t matter, really, if there is evidence then that’s more than, any, god has; if there isn’t then it just strengthens my argument, because not even our atoms are infinite.

Edited by dimreepr

@ dimreepr

plz explain in simple words (rather than saying kindapoint), i dont get your point.

From my understanding of this sentence, you’re assuming some vestige of you, presumably spiritual, remains after your death and will go on for ever.

I was asserting, that is not the case and that all we can prove, ATM, is only our atoms can be shown to remain post mortem, given enough time even bones will be gone, however well preserved.

So the only place that could possibly be the source of what you think you possess, is your imagination.

Even real science is not immediately accepted here in some cases. I will name Cold Fusion/LENR as an example of that, butI can wait a few years for everyone to catch up. I'm addicted to new energy possibilities and LENR has been confirmed too many tiimes by corporations like Toyota/MIT/NASA and so many more, but it might as well be in the god thread also.

Assuming you don't mind being publicly disassembled yet again, why don't you start a thread on it? Debunking your misinterpretation of sound science would be educationally beneficial for some of us.

god is information that describes a thing with god-like qualities, and as such is illogical and only can be accessed with the mind, since logic limits what actually can appear or "do work" in this universe... god and countless variations of gods exist in the mathematical object's "junk dna", equivalent to a virus in a computer program...although part of the supporting overall required structure to allow the material universe to appear as it is...or else we couldn't imagine one, let alone millions of variations...