Something weird just happened

anon101

Hi guys, new here but i promise I'm not trolling. Something weird just happened to me and I'm only looking for answers. About 30 minutes ago, I was heading out to my garden to mow the lawns. We have a slide door which is secured by a cylinder lock, where the screw enters from bottom up. When I unlocked it, the screw fell out so I had to pick it up. (we if carpet floor if that's any help.) Anyway, I saw it drop and land so I bent down to pick it up. As I was going down, I was looking at the weather outside. However, when I had my eyes back on the ground, I could no find the screw at all. Instinctively, I checked the T.V table beside it, as most things that have been dropped tends to roll underneath things. I checked thoroughly and I still could't find it, as if the screwed had disappeared into thin air! I was and am still shocked and surprised by it. A few minutes later, I remembered that one of my passionate physics friend use to tell me about all these random yet intriguing theories such as quantum entanglement, general relativity etc. He once told me that there is a very very small probability that if you dropped something on to the ground, it would disappear into another dimension. Of course, I didn't really take that much into account back then now, I'm just not sure what the hell is going on.

Overall, I just wanna find my screw back so I can lock my slide door but I thought that a physics forum might be an appropriate place to ask about this, to either clarify if what he told me was theoretically correct or its got nothing to do with physics at all. It may have rolled and hidden itself somewhere that I'm blind sighted to but I have searched thoroughly. Sorry for the long post but I'm looking forward to some answers.

Cheers

The screw didn't fall through a wormhole. It just fell or rolled somewhere that you haven't looked yet. You don't need to invoke quantum entanglement to explain what happened. Get a flashlight and a magnet instead.

If you were wearing lace-up tennis shoes, it could be stuck in the laces. We often don't consider that something lost might have hitched a ride on the person looking for it.

Do your trousers have turn ups?

When I was in high school, half a dozen of us looked for a girl's car keys for half an hour before she found them in the cuffs of her, um, trousers.