List of scientific things you'd like to do or see before you die..

blike

Turning infertile land into fertile land .
I like doing that too:)

albeit on a small scale, infact I read the other day that with the "dust" that comes from Quarry work esp in gravel, that dust can be used in a 1 to 4 mix with ordinary depleted soil to give it another 5 years worth of mineral boostage :)

all from a mixture of crushed rock dust that gets dumped most of the time :(

In chronological order:

1. The discovery of the Higgs boson (or other method of Electroweak symmetry breaking)

2. The discovery of Supersymmetry (or other solution to the hierarchy problem)

3. The formulation and test of a consistant GUT model (E6?)

In chronological order:

1. The discovery of the Higgs boson (or other method of Electroweak symmetry breaking)

2. The discovery of Supersymmetry (or other solution to the hierarchy problem)

3. The formulation and test of a consistant GUT model (E6?)

Holy Crap! that`s a tall Order!

erm... would you like Fries with that? :))

It won't be much of a debate - look at the WHO web site some time.

Cloning food will use more resources than just growing it conventionally.

Now, but we are talking about science feats that we would like to see. If you were able to replicate matter, a lot of resource problems would not be. Besides our distribution process currently is doing almost as much harm as good to countries economy, not to mention politics. A new solution is needed, I don't really care what the solution is, if it ends the hunger problem without causing drastic other problems, and I see that in my lifetime, I will die a little happier.

Now, but we are talking about science feats that we would like to see. If you were able to replicate matter, a lot of resource problems would not be.

Replication is not the same as cloning. Make your mind up what you are talking about.

Besides our distribution process currently is doing almost as much harm as good to countries economy, not to mention politics. A new solution is needed, I don't really care what the solution is, if it ends the hunger problem without causing drastic other problems, and I see that in my lifetime, I will die a little happier.

Well quite.