Will religion ever die?

Mr Rayon

There is no exklusive definition for the word ''religion''!

In countries like France, Norway, Switzerland, Netherlands we have more than 20% of the population who are atheistic. Now there is a atheistic person who plays ice-hockey as sport and is very interest in ice-hockey. I has also a lot of Play station games of ice-hockey. this person has a religion which is called ''ice-hockey'', because this kind of sport give sense for his existing.

The point is, the word loses most of its meaning if you apply it the way you are. How we define things should be as specific as possible. Broadening the word "religion" to encompass everything you're very interested in not only robs meaning from religion, it robs meaning from words like passion, skill and pasttime.

There is no exklusive definition for the word ''religion''!

This brings my curiosity to the realm of conceiving strange self-torture mechanisms... I don't know how to mitigate my pain with anything but lesser pain itself. This is hideous. Phi for All, thank you for your bravery.

As we head into the future, will religion ever lose it's grip amongst the people?

What are your thoughts about this?

I don't know if it ever will be said better than it was about 200 years ago,

Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower.

-

Humanity can't do without religion while the world suffers, and we can't throw off suffering without wanting to throw off religion. For the moment all the best of us can do is hope for the struggle.