reality

hi.my understanding of reality is this,the world is made up of atomic particles right?so what i picture is "snow" on a television set.on an atomic level everything would look like buzzing snow on a tv.as ,from what i understand, a group of atoms is just a bunch o particles buzzing together magneticaly.so ,if you could view the world on an atomic level,or say the galxy or universe,it would look like alot of bubbles of "snow" vibrating in an endless pattern throughout the cosmos.now,on a sub atomic level,if you could see it,wouldnt it look like "snow" all around you, spreading infinitly in all directions,assuming dark matter is made up of sub atomic particles?so, isnt all reality,on that level,just a soup of buzzing particles,that continues in all directions infinitly?and if so ,are we merely energy with consciousness in this vast soup of "snow"?sry for the spelling mistakes,i have a grade 8 education from public school,an untill recently spent most of my life in prison.i am fascinated by therotical physics and wonder if i am on the right track.thank you

sry again,not so much stupid as bad typing.

In some ways, yes. There is a small degree of accuracy in what you say. Instead of calling it "snow," we might call it "noise." The area where I think you may be slightly inaccurate with your comment is how it would look if we got down to that level. If you were an electron near a nucleus, that nucleus would be incredibly far away from your perspective... Like another planet!

To help gain a sense of scale, I like visualizations such as these (scroll leftward to see just how small things really get... rightward to see how large): http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/scale_of_the_universe_2012

In some ways, yes. There is a small degree of accuracy in what you say. Instead of calling it "snow," we might call it "noise." The area where I think you may be slightly inaccurate with your comment is how it would look if we got down to that level. If you were an electron near a nucleus, that nucleus would be incredibly far away from your perspective... Like another planet!

To help gain a sense of scale, I like visualizations such as these (scroll leftward to see just how small things really get... rightward to see how large): http://www.onemorele...e_universe_2012

actually,that answered my question very clearly.thank you for the link.it seems that if i were scaled down to that level that things would be pretty much the same,like a vast universe.i wonder if i were to scale upwards ,would our universe just be a particle in a much larger universe?i now have alot more questions to think about.thankyou for your response. :)

Just for the record, if you were the size of an electron, nuclei would not resemble planets it would most likely be completely weird, quantum physics has taught us this

The very latest theory is that there are unimaginably tiny vibration strings that underpin all of reality. If you could think of a grain of sand as an analogy for the fundamental particle for building a house, the super-string is supposed to be the ultimate smallest fundamental thing in all reality. These strings are each supposed to vibrate differently and into different dimension other than the three we know of. Which might result in a multi- verse containing an infinite very strange other universes. They are not really some sort of a particle, but a weird very very very tiny closed string of some sort of basic energy that constantly creates and alters reality.

I am not saying I understand super string theory, even the best minds have difficult and although I would like to be one of them sadly I am not.

Keep contributing, you will get better the more you try and so will your typing ! :)

• 1 month later...

To help gain a sense of scale, I like visualizations such as these (scroll leftward to see just how small things really get... rightward to see how large): http://www.onemorele...e_universe_2012

Wait...so the larger the mass a particle has, the smaller its atomic radius, which makes sense in a certain way, I don't know how to explain it exactly, but if you tried applying the same amount of energy to a more massive harmonic oscillator, it wouldn't be able to go back and forth as much, which isn't accurate anyway, but that's beside the point. What I'm trying to say, is that if individual particles can't exist without being in higher energy states in a neutron star, yet the gravity is strong enough to overcome that, couldn't the wave functions combine thus creating a single particle with such a high mass that it's radius is unbelievably small?

Edited by EquisDeXD