top ten reasons you hate school

ydoaPs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated high school in 1967 - I had to have a private tutor to do it 'cause I screwed up and got pregnant - before the advent of birth control pills.

I had a kid and so I couldn't go to college.

Please, please, please... forget the things that seem so important to you now.

They were important to me too - way back when.

I was very lucky - my father owned a small business and he taught me how to run it. If you guys mess up, you are going to be SOL.

A lot of what people are trying to teach you seems like crap - a lot of it is. The real problem is that you won't be able to decipher the difference until 30 years from now.

Here is the deal - be all, end all:

It is better to know it and not need it, than to need it and not know it.

That means you have to learn it all so you can draw from what you need.

I graduated from high school in 1967. I took college courses and I taught myself a lot. My life would have been a lot easier had a followed a conventional route. I am an expert at dodging and weaving, but it is not fun. If you have the advantage, do it right the first time.

1. Small School - hardly any course variety

2. I can't learn what I want.

3. No science research facilities (High school sucks)

4. Sports department gets all the money, but our teams are still terrible

5. In my regular level classes, every time anyone opens their mouth they say something so stupid I want to bang my head repeatedly on the desk...I weep for the future.

The fact that I know a third of American states has forbidden the teaching of darwinism ,makes me shocked to know more christian freaks will be will become brain-washed into believing that understanding evolution is wrong ,reality check ?

Not true. A few states now require stickers in biology textbooks that warn against the theory of evolution or require ID to be taught along with evolution, but it is still taught. Hell, about 1/3 of the AP Bio. exam is on evolution...you either need it to be taught or your school can expect very bad AP scores...

It's interesting, Lance, because we were/are both homeschooled, and we were/are both in the situation where we could get into college two years early because of it. :)

Lol. I knew something was wrong with the public education system. I've always said it and all I had to do was ask.

All school was good for was meeting chicks, and I still did a bad job of it!

I always thought it was hillarious how almost all of the "smart" kids were really raving idiots who just studied too hard and remembered everything by rote.

I also find it funny that I've been taking le francais the entire time I've been in school (as canada is apperently a bilingual country) and neither do I know any french now, nor have I met a single french person since I graduated.

THAT is exactly how you waste hundreds of thousands of dollars per student on an absolutely useless exercise.

School was a waste of time. I learned so much more in my free time than I ever learned in school, it's amazing how such a moronic concept is considered the way things are done.

Elementary should be there to teach you basic skills all the way up to advanced math and writing. Four days per week. No useless highschool. Way more extra curricular activities available for students to learn about what's available in the world.

WAY LESS SPORTS!!! WAY MORE SCIENCE/MATH/SOCIALS/LANGUAGE STUDIES. How many kids graduate school as professional football players?

Directly into college, then the uni of your choice. I may actually still be in school if it was done this way, rather than trying to find a way to make enough money to go back and sustain a life on my own.

School should be free for those willing to learn, and not forced apon those who are not. There are plenty of jobs flipping burgers or filling gas tanks that can be filled by people who really cannot do much more, rather than those who were forced to bend.

• 5 weeks later...

1. boring

2. barely anything you learn is useful

3. You have to do it THIS WAY! If you have a better way, too bad!

4. most homework doesn't teach you anything, wastes time and paper

5. most of the people are complete retards

6. too long

7. the hardest test is the one where you try to stay awake the whole class

.....................huh? oh, right. I could go on forever.

Guest Sithlordmike

1.people there

2.teachers there

3.homework pathetic

4.boring

5.better things to do

6.the pathetic humans there are stupid, most of them at least

7.the people are jerks

8.no individuality

9.same schedule everdaybefore12:30

10.grading system sucks, if you get 1 f on a test and you get a+ every other day then ull only get a b untill next report card

1. Tiny school

2. I get picked on for being smart, by the dumb kids(

3. 2 months of science all year, only 2

4. NO AP CLASSES AT MY SCHOOL

5. Stupid-teachers/projects/homework

6. Math is ridiculously easy and yet everyone else is still getting 'c's

1. I hate how early I have to get up. It is rediculous really, i mean the elementary schools go in @ about 8:00 but most of the kids are already up and active @ 6. They should definitely let us highskoolers go in later, we need the sleep...

2. Some of the teachers goof off more than the students, and im the only one who doesn't like that...

3. They put me in a friggin' algebra 1 class on my freshman year, which i am making up for doubling up on math's this year.

4. Same thing for Science, only i was put in the stupidest class of the WHOLE school.

5. I am very smart in my skool but less intelligent people are in higher classes than me.

6. NOTEBOOK TESTS!!! What the hell is that for!!!

7. We are the only skool in the ENTIRE STATE to have a mandatory skience fair. Which if we don't do, then we have to stay back...

8. NOTEBOOK TESTS!!! What the hell is that for!!!

9. we have doors in the hallways and stairways that aren't used @ all and they make our overcrowded skool's hallways so slow, you are late for every class...

10. IN my school, they have a little nasty thing called a Friday detention. They make you sit in a dirty classroom for hours.

Finally: 11: the gym teachers are gay, and watch you change in the locker room. also, everybody in skool is a dirty HIC, some of the gangs in the skool include:

the hics

the freaks who cut themselves (no kidding)

a group of a surprising # of lesbians

"cool" people

"cool",hic,lesbian freaks who cut themselves :)