Help with generalization please !

Heinsbergrelatz

Ok i have a set of questions which asks:

• Use De moivres theorem to obtain solutions to z^n=i for n=3,4,5
  • Use a graphing software to plot these roots on an Argand diagram
  • generalize and prove your results for z^n=a+bi where [tex]|a+bi|=1[/tex]
  • What happens when |a+bi| does not equal 1

So the first 2 bullet points i can do, so i have found the roots and plotted them on the diagram. Now what the heck do they mean when they sa generalize and prove your results for a+bi=z^n?????

will appreciate any help thank you

Edited by Heinsbergrelatz

I am not familiar with the particular mathematical formulas that you are working with besides that they are based on complex numbers. However, it does sound like this is homework. If that is the case, we are not allowed to give direct answers to your questions, and I ask a moderator to move this topic to the appropriate forum. Although I am not familiar with these formulas, I am sure that I or someone else will be able to help you with this problem once we have established where this thread should be located. If this is not a homework assignment, then we can answer your questions directly. However, if it is homework, then we can only provide hints and clues to help guide you to a solution.

Furthermore, I noticed that you attempted to use LaTeX commands in your post. While this forum supports LaTeX, you must encapsulate the code between [math]\left [ \text{math} \right] \ \left [ \text{/math} \right][/math] tags instead of the [math]\left [ \text{tex} \right] \ \left [ \text{/tex} \right][/math] tags that you tried to use. You can refer to our Quick LaTeX Tutorial for more information. In addition, our plugin supports most LaTeX commands found here at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....aying_a_formula. I hope that you find this post helpful, and I look forward to helping you find the solutions to your problem.

Edited by Daedalus