What should I do?

Hello! My name is John. I want to be a Heart Surgeon in the USA, but I am not from USA. I don't live in the USA. What I have to do to work in the USA?I cannot afford the money to study 10-12 years in Universities. I think I should study in my country and then take a degree from USA. Am I right? So what should I do to work as a Heart Surgeon in USA? I know that this forum maybe is not for this

kind of topic.Please answer!!!Thank you in advance!

Edited by Dr.Tastsidis

You're... 14 years old... and thinking about Uni. Damn.

Your school will introduce the process to you at the appropriate time, and then you can apply to be an overseas student.

Not sure how Greece's education system operates, but student loans should be available (they'll sort out your financial concerns... kind of).

Just concentrate on getting your grades, and don't worry too much about that stuff for a few years. Keep your options open.

• 4 months later...

You're... 14 years old... and thinking about Uni. Damn.

Just concentrate on getting your grades, and don't worry too much about that stuff for a few years. Keep your options open.

In much of mainland Europe, you have to decide what you want to be by the time you start high school, so you know what prerequisites to take to get into the university program you want. In most cases, you get one chance to choose, and then you're locked into that path.

While it is theoretically possible to decide late, it's very hard to do, and the vast majority of people will never get the opportunity to go back and get the prereq's they need, so it's best to get it right the first time. Same goes for changing majors once you're in uni; it's possible, but very difficult and highly unlikely.

Hello! My name is John. I want to be a Heart Surgeon in the USA, but I am not from USA. I don't live in the USA. What I have to do to work in the USA?I cannot afford the money to study 10-12 years in Universities. I think I should study in my country and then take a degree from USA. Am I right? So what should I do to work as a Heart Surgeon in USA? I know that this forum maybe is not for this

kind of topic.Please answer!!!Thank you in advance!

I would look up the websites of some American universities you're interested in, and see what their entrance requirements are. It is fairly easy to get financial aid and scholarships/bursuries as an international student, so look into that too. If you want to work in the US, you'll definitely have to go to university in the US. They don't accept internationally trained doctors, last time I checked. Also, apply as early as possible; it can take a while to get the paperwork sorted out, and spaces fill up quickly.