Science fair Ideas?

Auk

Hi:

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for a science fair project. I am interested in every feild of science. Time is running out, im under a lot of stress and I have no good ideas.

Plz help Thank-you :D

well what kind of age are you, what materials can you get, how much money can you spend???

not intruding privacy, but if you are an adult, putting on a display for university kids and you have a major university's funding behind you, i would usggest something different to it if you were a 13 year old kid, doing something for the local primary school's fair.

you could make an electric generator powered by your body heat.

all you really need to do is heat water in an airtight container then close it while it is very hot and seal it. the container should have been modified to have a turbine-like thingy connected to a magnet with a coil of wire around it.

the lowered pressure lowers the boiling point of the water. hold the container and the water will boil which turns the turbine-like thingy. turbine-like thingy creates electricity.

building a tesla coil would be a great idea and you could certainly do it for 100 bucks... there's a whole thread on em over here:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6037

so any questions feel free to ask.

take into account safety though, if there are gonna be little kids running around, maybe this is not such a great idea.

but for 15 years olds they are fine... assuming you follow advice and are sensible and very precaucious.

I hate my school's science fair.

Your project has to have some kind of quantitive data that you can analyze. Just building something cool and explaining how it works won't even come close to getting you credit.

I really want to do something with vortex rings, but I can't really think of a way to make it scientific method-esque.