Who plays what ?

slickinfinit

I am a music lover who also plays the guitar and bass, who else is a musician and what do u play ? I have been learning guitar for at least 6 years now and played bass for even more, I find it to be very fun and relaxing even when playin mega loud lol. I do think music adds to a persons ability to learn and recomend everyone at least try to see what insturment they like and give it a shot even if its very hard at first keep at it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play trombone. Not well, at all, but I've played it for 4 1/2 years now, so I can get by. Sometimes.

And I can play my state song (Yankee Doodle) on Acoustic Guitar. And make some bad sounds with a harmonica :P (Bad sounds like bad.... not cool)

i used to play the flute, but not much, only for 2 seperate years, and only beginning-medium classes.

now, however, i am taking Advanced Music Tech (2nd year) in high school and am creating some music using Reason 2.5.

although i don't know much music theory, so it's not great music.

i used to play the violin very well... (grade 6 - if other countries have grades i dunno!) but stopped as i never had the time to play it much....

i play the piano a tiny bit

and was taught the recorder in my primary school, wasnt too hard to play!

I play trombone. Not well, at all, but I've played it for 4 1/2 years now, so I can get by. Sometimes.

Hurrah!

I'm a trombone player myself, been playing for 10-ish years (which suddenly strikes me as quite a long time) :)

Also play piano.

The connection between intelligence and music is obvious in my school, and I think it has been observed all over.

So, do you play an instrument? What one? I'm guessing that a lot of people here do, or at least really enjoy music.

I play saxophone. <brag>I played baritone sax for the Kimmel Center (where the philly orchestra plays) Youth Jazz Ensemble.</brag>

My main area, is classical guitar, but i branch out into jazz,blues,rock. etc. But recently my technique has gone downhill due to lack of time to practice. I am currently developing my sweep picking technique.

To sepultallica: How many notes can u play in a second ?

i use alot of tremolo picking in my solos to try and sound like a bad ass since i didnt learn to play properly. learnt it by playing tab for a few years, now im paying the price. never timed myself.

good thing about metal or rock is that you can go without playing for quite awhile and still be good. more endurance than technique. id love it to be the other way around, but you know us metal geetarists are lazy as heel.

i think its essential to develop good technique, as endurance without technique is an oxymoron. Good techinique will muscles more relaxed and can help improve speed and accuracy. But i guess everyone has their own way.

Remember that speed doesnt make a solo good. Variation of Dynamics, tempo, timbre add a great deal to a solo. of course some techinal brilliance doesnt go to waste.

god , how many threads are there on who plays what instrument.

well i play guitar. mainly classical nylons strings. but i am comfortable playing steel string acoutics or 12 strings. i am fine with electic guitars as well. been playing for about 8 years. Anyone who plays guitar will know how to play elementary bass. Well i am quite good at bass as well. I have played Double Bass on occassions, got massive blisters on my hand. I can plays drums, and i had a go at piano + trumpet + violin. (trumpet + violin , just a go, didnt say i was any good)

well , shredding does make good entertainment. the lead guitarist of my band when i was in school was an amazing shredder, but then he grew out of it.

There are some truly "virtuouso" music out there for classical guitar, i can play a few of them. Its useful when you want to show off.

I played the trumpet for one semester 5 years ago but I didn’t bother to learn any notes and I just acted like I was playing at the concerts. Those were the days.

The connection between intelligence and music is obvious in my school, and I think it has been observed all over.

I have heard that said a lot but I have observed the opposite.