University

Ad Iudicium

Hello everybody I'm 15 right now and in two years I will have finished high school, so I want to double major in Mathematics and Physics while doing a minor in Philosophy (if anybody is interested I would like to go either into theoretical physics, applied mathematics or pure mathematics). Does anybody know of any good universities in the United States that would allow you to take the classes I want to, in addition may you add some information about their acceptance rate for internationals, whether they are need blind, and a link to their site would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

If you take the physics major (or applied physics), then you'll get plenty of maths, I assure you. In fact, in your first year and possibly the 2nd, you will probably get more maths than physics.

Physicists are among the best mathematicians on the planet. Maybe someone with a maths background can shine a light on the additional things that a mathematician can do, that a physicist cannot.

I live in the Netherlands, and I am clueless about good universities in the states, other than the obvious famous ones.

Most universities should allow you to double-major in math and physics. You may find it difficult to squeeze in the philosophy, though; for example, at my university, double-majoring students typically fill their elective hours in one major with required hours from the other major, leaving very little time for other electives.

Of course, if you're sufficiently ambitious you can probably cram it all in.

Most universities should allow you to double-major in math and physics. You may find it difficult to squeeze in the philosophy, though; for example, at my university, double-majoring students typically fill their elective hours in one major with required hours from the other major, leaving very little time for other electives.

Of course, if you're sufficiently ambitious you can probably cram it all in.

It also depends heavily on the program requirements. I know at my alma mater the difference between the MS in CompSci and the MS in math was only two classes - easy enough to add a minor onto that program as well, if you wanted.

Good websites that can help you decide:

http://colleges.usne...m/best-colleges

https://bigfuture.co.../college-search

Good luck. College days will be some of the best in your life. However, be wary that it is all about striking a healthy balance between your studies and your social life and hobbies.

Don't work too hard or you will miss out on some very good experiences, which, at times, can help you just as much as your education.

Also, being an international student, pay attention to the location of your target universities, some of them involve internationals in the school community much more than others.

And pick a coastal state, those are more fun, example: California, Florida... No offense to all other states...

Source: I studied in the US, and I had many international-student friends (I say had because we are no longer students, they are still my friends).

Edited by somecallmegenius