The XENON Dark Matter Project

dapifo

I'm not sure where you draw the line between "hypothesis" and "evidence". Other findings are considered as an evidence by some. A single experiment not finding evidence certainly does not rule out existence - it does at best rule out the particular parameters that were tested for. The motion of the hammock I currently lie in gives no evidence whatsoever about the existence of atoms, but that doesn't rule out that at a size much smaller than a thread matter is not a continuous substance, anymore.

Btw.: mutliple exclamation marks in combination with bold font all-caps and a message of questionable intellectual value don't impress people.

Edited by timo

This is not a question about knowledge or about what is or what is not evidence. As the team claims, they have not found any dark matter.

This new experiment just confirms what all the dozens of experiments performed during the last decades have found: nothing.

This is not a question about knowledge or about what is or what is not evidence. As the team claims, they have not found any dark matter. This new experiment just confirms what all the dozens of experiments performed during the last decades have found: nothing.

I agree with the last two sentences with only a small extra comment, namely that they tested an additional part of the parameter space. But I neither get the implication of your first sentence nor the overall message you try to communicate. What is your point?

I agree with the last two sentences with only a small extra comment, namely that they tested an additional part of the parameter space. But I neither get the implication of your first sentence nor the overall message you try to communicate. What is your point?

The OP asked, in big bold font, if the Xenon project gives evidence of dark matter. I answered that it is not and he replied to me with "I don´t know...if it is clear that there is no evidence". My point is that this is not a question of "knowledge" or of if they found something that could be considered "evidence". As the own Xenon team says, they found nothing.

Edited by juanrga

Okay, I see now. I understood the OP (and dapifo's 2nd post) completely different. I considered that all-bold question a rhetorical one, given the 2nd sentence, as well as (presumably) the links, give the answer to it.

Edited by timo

Does the The XENON Dark Matter Project give evidences of dark matter?

http://xenon.astro.c...100_Experiment/

Xenon100 has just reported another null result:

http://blogs.discove...r-still-hiding/

How about using a high energy collider to develop more sensitive detector? Making a intrument room deep under the collider detector, and filling water between detector and collider to cool down the DM created(Actually, we do not know the possibility of DM cooling, if so, the water can protect against space radiation).

We do not know exact number density of the natural WIMP. What say to using created DM from the collider?

Edited by alpha2cen