"Soul Exchange"

psi20

I saw this on Unsolved Mysteries. A woman claims to be someone else. An unrelated man claims to be someone else. They claim to have swapped souls with someone else. They change their names. Interestingly, when I saw it, I thought to myself this is what happened a few years back. I became someone else. *It may be attributed to my having more than 5 different names when I was a kid.

Assume that this isn't a false claim. What psychological term or idea is this called if someone believes they're someone else?

Has this happened to you?

Rather than swapping souls it would seem more to the point to call it swapping bodies.

So you aren't changing your name, simply bringing it with you to a new body. If it happened would you have any of the bodies memories of before you arrived? How would they conflict/contrast with the memories brought over with your soul?

Sounds like a case of psyche transmigration or maybe some form of cognative dissonance.