To teach the world to sing?

rigney

Sure people are listening. I mean, just look at the global elites, they meet at the Bohemian Grove every now and then to meet up and celebrate their wealth and power, and decide how the world is going to work. They actively oppose this harmony.

I think this kind of harmony is really normal in the world. I have traveled quite a bit, and I have never seen anything other than that. I've met friendly people everywhere in the world... Friendly people are - at least in my experience - the large large majority of the people on our planet.

I think this kind of harmony is really normal in the world. I have traveled quite a bit, and I have never seen anything other than that. I've met friendly people everywhere in the world... Friendly people are - at least in my experience - the large large majority of the people on our planet.

My wish is that this thread of harmony might actually be built between nations. Could there be a way to accomplish such a miracle? Edited by rigney

My wish is that this thread of harmony might actually be built between nations. Could there be a way to accomplish such a miracle?

I agree with CaptainPanic, this is more normal than we're led to believe. People want to know your name, smile at you, have a laugh and sing and dance with you on this pale blue dot in the Milky Way.

Extremists get the attention of the press 24/7 and we end up thinking the world is full of hate. Yet when you talk to most people, they want peace.

I think we should look for ways to remove the profit from disharmony. War$ are such a poor way to get peace, because it makes a lot of money for some and they'll always look for more war$ instead of more peace. And let's have more dancing, dancing is a pretty good international language of happiness.

I agree with CaptainPanic, this is more normal than we're led to believe. People want to know your name, smile at you, have a laugh and sing and dance with you on this pale blue dot in the Milky Way.

Extremists get the attention of the press 24/7 and we end up thinking the world is full of hate. Yet when you talk to most people, they want peace.

I think we should look for ways to remove the profit from disharmony. War$ are such a poor way to get peace, because it makes a lot of money for some and they'll always look for more war$ instead of more peace. And let's have more dancing, dancing is a pretty good international language of happiness.

Yes, an honest smile and any dance routine, can bring people of different cultures together quicker than any conflict. Wars only defer future conflicts. Nothing stops completely. But how to get such a venture rooted and growing???

Yes, an honest smile and any dance routine, can bring people of different cultures together quicker than any conflict. Wars only defer future conflicts. Nothing stops completely. But how to get such a venture rooted and growing???

My suggestion would be to first find some kind of mass media not controlled by those with vested interests in disharmony. If enough people know that they aren't alone, that harmony is sought by the vast majority of the world, it will give us all the courage, determination and spirit to stop letting the warmongers control everything.

It does not need to root and grow, because it's already there. Maybe it's a more interesting thing to ask: Why do you seem to think the world is so rotten?

But Severian makes an interesting point. Humans always strive to achieve more, to make things better, to improve things for themselves. This can lead to conflicts (I think it's the other way around than Severian suggests).

It does not need to root and grow, because it's already there. Maybe it's a more interesting thing to ask: Why do you seem to think the world is so rotten?

But Severian makes an interesting point. Humans always strive to achieve more, to make things better, to improve things for themselves. This can lead to conflicts (I think it's the other way around than Severian suggests).

Moi!, thinks the world is rotten? Those are your thoughts and words my friend, not mine. The world is not rotten, only the rottan scheming bastards who would think they can control our very thoughts. Edited by rigney

Moi!, thinks the world is rotten? Those are your thoughts and words my friend, not mine. The world is not rotten, only the rottan scheming bastards who would think they can control our very thoughts.

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Your desire for more harmony suggested to me that you think there is not sufficient harmony on earth yet.

And let's have more dancing, dancing is a pretty good international language of happiness.

Unless of course you are baptist, then you can't dance because someone might think you are making love standing up... :rolleyes:

Very loose quote of Cheech and Chong.... :lol:

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Your desire for more harmony suggested to me that you think there is not sufficient harmony on earth yet.

I've choked hard on some: "I'm sorries". But that's the world today. Fuck up, quickly say I'm sorry and all is forgiven?

Unless of course you are baptist, then you can't dance because someone might think you are making love standing up... :rolleyes:

Very loose quote of Cheech and Chong.... :lol:

Been there and done that. Not being Baptist mind you, but the dancing thing. Loved it! Went to 'Holy Roller" classes myself. Edited by rigney

Harmony breeds complacency and mediocrity. Conflict breeds progress and innovation. The important thing is to channel conflict into productive avenues.

You're defining harmony as the opposite of conflict, and I disagree. To me, harmony simply means we find common ground (perhaps to dance upon?) before we work on progress and innovation. Harmony is dropping the baggage and realizing we CAN work together, even though there will always be conflict as long as there are more than one of us on the planet.

You're defining harmony as the opposite of conflict, and I disagree. To me, harmony simply means we find common ground (perhaps to dance upon?) before we work on progress and innovation. Harmony is dropping the baggage and realizing we CAN work together, even though there will always be conflict as long as there are more than one of us on the planet.

I swear! Sometimes trying to answer a poser on the forum is like pissing on an electric fence. It's gonna hurt no matter how good your aim is. So, I'm gonna pass on this one. Edited by rigney

I swear! Sometimes trying to answer a poser on the forum is like pissing on an electric fence. It's gonna hurt no matter how good your aim is. So, I'm gonna pass on this one.

I understand Severian's point. If everything was fantastic we'd stop trying to make things better.

But conflict is what you get when two or more humans get together, it's going to happen SOMEWHERE along the line. I think you can find harmony with people and still work to make things better, even though you'll never completely erase the conflict, and you'll never be in 100% harmony either. But you can dance together and realize you can disagree without hatred.

I understand Severian's point. If everything was fantastic we'd stop trying to make things better.

But conflict is what you get when two or more humans get together, it's going to happen SOMEWHERE along the line. I think you can find harmony with people and still work to make things better, even though you'll never completely erase the conflict, and you'll never be in 100% harmony either. But you can dance together and realize you can disagree without hatred.

Getting together should never result in conflict, but conjecture. And wouldn't it be nice doing just that without "braining" each other?

Conflict is inevitable, violence is not.

I would say that competition is inevitable and is an essential element of evolution. Whether we can ever stop competition being resolved by violence is a huge question. I doubt we ever will because eventually the competition becomes for the very means of survival such as being able to provide food and water for ourselves, our families, our society and our country.

Conflict is inevitable, violence is not.

That is what I was (perhaps unsuccessfully) trying to get at when I said "The important thing is to channel conflict into productive avenues." I do still disagree though, since I still think "harmony" is the opposite of "conflict". Surely if you are in harmony, then you are doing something together, so can't be in conflict?

That is what I was (perhaps unsuccessfully) trying to get at when I said "The important thing is to channel conflict into productive avenues." I do still disagree though, since I still think "harmony" is the opposite of "conflict". Surely if you are in harmony, then you are doing something together, so can't be in conflict?

I think we're fully capable of doing more with each other around the planet and being in harmony on those things, while still being in conflict about other things. Often it's the focus on cultural or religious or melanin quantity differences that keep us from exploring those opportunities and finding common ground. I think dancing and laughing with each other helps change the focus to more meaningful concerns.

Conflict and violence go hand in hand.

I disagree, and that disagreement is conflict without violence. Some of our opinions conflict, but are doing so peaceably.

And we can be conflicted on many things, and still be in harmony about many other things. I think this is the part much of the world forgets. I don't have to agree with your religion or politics to be in harmony with the fact that you and your people need clean drinking water and access to medicine.