Fractal art

Guest AkaMan

A few weeks ago I accidentally stumbled on a site with images of fractals. I have heard about those things before, but the images interested me so much that I decided I should try to create them personally.

Well, Can anyone help me? Where should I start from? Links, books or any other kind of information on fractals is appreciated.

Especially I am good at MATLAB and have a good (but instinctive) understanding of fractals and chaos theory. I know what the story is wholly about. But I am still unable to write few lines of code to generate them myself.

Fractals are pretty beautiful things. If you have a hunt around here, I coded a mandelbrot set generator somewhere, but beware: it's not very user friendly and there's quite a few bugs in it :)

On the upside, it's free, and will generate huge images if you ask it to.

I will get around to updating it one of these days.

• 1 month later...

You can use newton's root finding equation to generate a fractol.

You can assign color shades depending on the convergence or the divergence of the approximated root. I think this fractol should be simple to generate.