If you could be God for a while what would your first acts be?

Alan McDougall

Making the assumption that you were referring to the Christian God of the Old Testament, consume all of my hypocritical worshippers in a fireball of damnation - as an object lesson to the rest of humanity to straighten out and fly right.

Oh, and I'd put it on pay per view.

Dont irritate me with nonsense, :mad: change the question. To this if you could change all of nature or improve the universe, or life what would you do?

Why? Which god? Don't act like man's only invented one of them.

I’d manifest myself, here on earth, do a few miracles, to get some attention and reign down divine retribution on ALL the greedy corrupt SOB’s that have caused this latest mess. Then scare the replacements into working towards a decent future for us all, something like “karma is real so give Buddha a try”. I’d spend the rest of the day asking the ladies if they “fancy a bit of deity?” :)

Making the assumption that you were referring to the Christian God of the Old Testament, consume all of my hypocritical worshippers in a fireball of damnation - as an object lesson to the rest of humanity to straighten out and fly right.

Oh, and I'd put it on pay per view.

That is confusing.

Your first act would be to kill.

All the people who believe in you (god) because they disagree with you (human being).

I would, In my infinite wisdom, go back to the very start of the universe and erase myself, knowing that I have caused nothing but trouble and that the universe is better off without gods and other such nonsense.

What about changing the cruel “Eat of be Eaten way we earthlingsustain life, to a way of directly absorbing energy from the sun with some sortof a solar panel type skin to do the same?

What about changing the cruel “Eat of be Eaten way we earthlingsustain life, to a way of directly absorbing energy from the sun with some sortof a solar panel type skin to do the same?

Well if I can do anything I would first build something that was intelligently designed.... A Ring World, Larry Nivens unique take on humans and ETs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringworld

I couldn't help my self...

For starters, I would make the Earth a better place to live in for everyone, not just for the privileged few like it is now.

No more starving people, no more hunger, no more pain, no more sickness and I would end all deadly and painful diseases that currently we don't have enough resources to cure.

Edited by seriously disabled

For starters, I would make the Earth a better place to live in for everyone, not just for the privileged few like it is now.

No more starving people, no more hunger, no more pain, no more sickness and I would end all deadly and painful diseases that currently we don't have enough resources to cure.

What about elliminating death and suffering?

I would make knowledge transmitable through genes.

I would share the feeling of pain between the one who suffers and the one who gives pain.

I would put switches to eliminate pain at will.

I would eliminate hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and all other natural disaster.

I would eliminate diseases of all kinds.

I would eliminate the situation of elderness, together with alzheimer and parkinson.

I would eliminate the deserts and create a garden all over the world.

I would distribute evenly natural resources all over the world (and not petroleum here, fresh water there and gold& uranium somewhere else)

I would enlarge humans hands a few centimeters so that they can scratch their back.

I would reserve my last point for another post and certainly not stop with only 10 changes.

My first act would be to send all non-believes (atheists etc) to a hell of unimaginable suffering. Then I would demand absolute obedience from the rest. Those that pleased me would be free to live with only minor inconvenience (such as worshipping me for at least 4 hours a day) while I would inflict horrors and torments on those who were not so faithful.

It is probably a good thing that I am not God...

What about elliminating death and suffering?

Death could only be eliminated if you did one of two things, sterilized anyone who was immortal or provided unlimited land areas to expand on... Now who here has proposed that? ME Me Me, how long would it take humanity to fill up the land area equivalent to 3,000,000 plus earths? A Ring World would solve all such problems and as God i could make new Ring Worlds at will.... vote for me for God!

I would make knowledge transmitable through genes.

I would share the feeling of pain between the one who suffers and the one who gives pain.

I would put switches to eliminate pain at will.

I would eliminate hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and all other natural disaster.

I would eliminate diseases of all kinds.

I would eliminate the situation of elderness, together with alzheimer and parkinson.

I would eliminate the deserts and create a garden all over the world.

I would distribute evenly natural resources all over the world (and not petroleum here, fresh water there and gold& uranium somewhere else)

I would enlarge humans hands a few centimeters so that they can scratch their back.

I would reserve my last point for another post and certainly not stop with only 10 changes.

Very nice you would make a really great God!!

Death could only be eliminated if you did one of two things, sterilized anyone who was immortal or provided unlimited land areas to expand on... Now who here has proposed that? ME Me Me, how long would it take humanity to fill up the land area equivalent to 3,000,000 plus earths? A Ring World would solve all such problems and as God i could make new Ring Worlds at will.... vote for me for God!

Yes whylimit what you do as God to one planet, the universe is almost infinite insize, I would give my beings the ability to go anywhere in the universe instantaneously

I have been a fan of Science Fiction for most of my life, thus I know about Larry Nivens Ring worlds. You would also make a great God, maybe you will be one if you are a Mormon? :D

Very nice you would make a really great God!!

Yes whylimit what you do as God to one planet, the universe is almost infinite insize, I would give my beings the ability to go anywhere in the universe instantaneously

Combine the one with the other and you get a universe spanning empire, I can just see the film, the special effects....naw it's been done....

I have been a fan of Science Fiction for most of my life, thus I know about Larry Nivens Ring worlds. You would also make a great God, maybe you will be one if you are a Mormon? :D

No not a Mormon but I took the idea that god's main command was to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.... it made sense to me... anyway, I was thinking about a Dyson sphere and then thought of ring world, the perfect artificial habitat.

Since one traditionally regards a God as omnipotent, the question is really a little silly since we are still limited by our finite intellects, so really have no idea what we would do if we suddenly became God. A better question may be, what would you do if you were set up as absolute dictator over the entire world with absolute power?