Weird visitcard

ivanv

Hi all :)

Remember that old money cache mechanic sum/multiplication machines in big modern stores few decades ago? They looked like old funny fat typing machine, they had big number keys and mechanic bearing on the right side. Ant that was working on the cache machine would enter a price, turn over the bearing, enter another price, turn the bearing again, ..., and at the end, ant would turn bearing twice and she would have sum of entered prices written on mechanic display on the top of the machine. Those were days... :)

A while ago i came up with idea of making a special kind of visitcard (U know, a little peace of hard paper that business people use to exchange their phone numbers, showoffs about their firms and stuff). This one would be aimed to be from a geek master, and it would have, inside its several thin plastic layers, a little, pure mechanic simple boolean operator solver.

Three transparent rects would be shown inside special magic rectangle placed on a visitcard below masters name and phone number. Two transparent rects would be some by-finger driven ribbon selectors for input parameters (true/false) and third transparent rect would show (automatically, or by pulling some ultimate ribbon) the very result of arbitrary boolean operation (i.e. AND)

+----------------------------+

| param1:

| [True] [False]

| -^^------------

| param2:

| [True] [False]

| ----------^^--

| param1 AND param2:

| [True] [False]

| ----------^^--

+----------------------------+

I tried for a day or so, but I never managed actually to build a working concept for such thingie. I have had some issues about back-reactions, probably i'm lacking some classic mechanical engeneering knowledge. Is anyone interested in having fun of building such a visit card, at least in theory?

Edited by ivanv