Age of open source

sri_nav

I think that closed projects are doomed to be replaced one day by projects that retain objectivity in providing a good service that is adjusted by community, not just by project head-master. I mean, we are all here to make other's life little bit easier and enjoy the life, not to chase the money, right? And people are recognizing that vibe, they are actually supporting good projects. At least, i know i would like to support a product that came as a baby of some healthy environment. What long term chances do have projects that make restrictions against open extensions and specific forks that could bloom to extraordinary quality enhancements in some experiments?

Yes, closed solutions are currently winning the fight. They are not so weak fighters as they are well organized, but for my taste they are maybe too much strong hierarchy oriented.

Web app world is still in its infancy with its chaotic standards for online cloud apps and programming libraries, so there is a chance for gathering open source oriented people before some worst-case-scenario: "1984. Globalnet inc. lays down its roots with pseudo-perfect solutions while chasing wrong idols". After that things will be harder. It is not an urgent thing to do, as we already have some solitary groups of open source heroes putting world on fire these days (Linux), but imagine what would be if these groups would organize more tightly between themselves? 'Till then, i suppose that "big corporation" world is winning the fight, and they are serving us quite well, as i can see, at least for now. But this could be a quite fair fight for existence. At least we could have fun while trying to do something useful.

My opinion is that open source world really rocks as working environment because people can choose what to do, when to do it, and they can feel importance of their own creativity and decisions. With some attention on fair rewarding system, it just needs some more organizational connectivity (agreeing on some standards) between specific groups to compete classic commercial line products.

Many open-source initiatives turn into commercial products, so there's not necessarily competition between the two ideas. Overall, I think it makes the world more productive so everyone benefits. But also there will be some products that need commercial support, depending on the application and scale of use.

But also there will be some products that need commercial support, depending on the application and scale of use.

does app's really need a promotion,i guess by it's use it automatically gets promoted

welcome to radio chaosssssssss :|

It seems that short sentences lose meanings when exchanged lot of times.

Works good for art, but for constructive logic it makes sense only if blind trusting each other.

Long argumented sentences usually leave little room for misunderstanding.

They prove to ourselves our objectivity. Long sentences also prove our real intentions to the other side.

Or, if U wish U can leave radio chaossssssssssss thrive here :|

Maybe some infinitely productive idea breaks through one fine day?

So what's the basic idea behind this?

So what's the basic idea behind this?

It seems that short sentences lose meanings when exchanged lot of times.

isn't it said the other way round where long sentences when exchanged over distances loose there meaning and as far as the short sentences are considered, they are understood by different people in different ways.