20000 and counting

imatfaal

Just noticed that Tom Swanson has passed 20,000 posts and I wanted to bring that not inconsiderable milestone to public notice. Congratulations and thanks for your time on this site.

Favourite Swansontims

20% of those are probably in the Banned/Suspended Users, though, admittedly, they are no less amusing.

Bloody hell. And pretty good posts on top of that.

Also it made me realize how many fans he got.

Why are physicists always the popular ones?

And how does he keep up with his work?

I have to steal his delicious brain.

Hmm, brains.

Why are physicists always the popular ones?

I don't know about all of them, but swansont typically wears nothing but a trench coat with a big button that says, "Ask me about my angular momentum!". Women dig it when he talks about rotating rigid bodies.

I don't know about all of them, but swansont typically wears nothing but a trench coat with a big button that says, "Ask me about my angular momentum!". Women dig it when he talks about rotating rigid bodies.

I always thought it was because biologists smelled of death and disease while chemists just smell of crazy. Physicists don't have the smell so they can be hidden.

Swansont:-

I posted this quite recently - hope you can accept it as a compliment!

Joatmon user_popup.png Jul 23, 2012

You should know that the Big Chief Scientific God walks among us. His task to keep us on the straight and narrow path of truth. If you speak his name then do so in hushed tones and reverence. That name is Swansont.

smile.gif

Edited by Joatmon

You know, I always wondered whether Swansont's posts were really so good, or whether his avatar made me believe that. Everything with Sean Connery on it appears to be classier. So for science I taped down the right side of my screen and re-read some posts. Still bloody good, darn it.

But I need a larger sample size. So I am applying for an R21 with the purpose the elucidate the interdependence of post quality and avatars. I see no reason why it should net get funded.