Just because you don't witness god doesn't mean he isn't there.

MrAndrew1337

That is what I meant.

It's nice to see that you are here and Zapatos will not have to continue your discussion for you.

@Koti

Your question concerning unicorns I did not answer since I thought you realized it was irrelevant.

It is relevant to show you that you should put things into context and look for broader view instead of using "2+2=4" logic on everything you come across.

There is no evidence to disprove the existence of unicorns so it's not a fact.

Exactly like there is no evidence to disprove the existence of God so it's not a fact either.

We have these 2 non fact's so I ask - so freakin what?! We aslo have Seriously Disabled's coloquial missuse of the term "fact" which you (and a few others here) are clingin onto like it's your life boat. I assure you it's not. The guy used the word "fact" in non-scientific and illogical manner which most of us do in everyday life. Then he had a meldown and called you delusional because all you had to say was "It's not a fact" and Frankly, I don't blame him. It's like you purposly want somebody to have a meltdown.

Something is a fact or it's not.

You don't say?!

There is no evidence for alien life and god(s) but the existence of alien life is more likely then the existence of god(s).

I agree. But using your flawed line of discussion here - this is not true because aliens and god are equally non-fact (according to your line of discussion which I hope you will review) Again...you answered Serioulsly Disabled's post with only "It's not a fact" not adding any context nor additional information.

Edited by koti

Sory dimreepr, this thread made me like this.

Edit: Plus I have some personal reasons...like the fact that I was throwing up with the wizard of oz when I was the "eastern europe kid" in school in the states back in the 80's. I wouldn't call my self condenscending in this case but rather - ironic. Peace :)

I think your natural bias has coloured/disrupted your irony meter and maybe caused some misunderstanding, I was attempting to simplify my concept, with a metaphor, to show how 'god' can lead the way whilst being imaginary.

God is about as real as bigfoot! I can't prove there is no bigfoot, must be a bigfoot! I think this subject is about as...

Wait!

"I am the eye in the sky

Looking at you

I can read your mind

I am the maker of rules

Dealing with fools

I can cheat you blind"

Where is that voice coming from! Oh no a bigfoot is singing outside my window...

God is about as real as bigfoot! I can't prove there is no bigfoot, must be a bigfoot! I think this subject is about as...

Wait!

"I am the eye in the sky

Looking at you

I can read your mind

I am the maker of rules

Dealing with fools

I can cheat you blind"

Where is that voice coming from! Oh no a bigfoot is singing outside my window...

At least read the last page...

Ok, God is a personal experience that cannot be demonstrated to anyone else, much like the bigfoot singing outside my window. He may be real to me but to everyone else he is just a unjustified assertion...

Please read the previous page...

I have read it, I've read the entire OP, did I miss something?

You seem to have missed the part, of your post, that's relevant to the previous page or three (nobody is disputing the assumption that god doesn't exist), you also seem to have missed the numerous times this argument has appeared in this thread already

IOW

Wait!

"I am the eye in the sky

Looking at you

I can read your mind

I am the maker of rules

Dealing with fools

I can cheat you blind"

And???

Edited by dimreepr

I was attempting to simplify my concept, with a metaphor, to show how 'god' can lead the way whilst being imaginary.

Dimreepr, my irony meter is back to it's normal level;

I see you are into some imaginary things that can "lead the way" but some are not so hot for you (like Bigfoot)

This seems reeasonable.

And???

Edit: I hear that Bigfoot is a cool guy btw.

Edited by koti

Dimreepr, my irony meter is back to it's normal level;

I see you are into some imaginary things that can "lead the way" but some are not so hot for you (like Bigfoot)

This seems reeasonable.

And???

Edit: I hear that Bigfoot is a cool guy btw.

You seem confused...

I think your natural bias has coloured/disrupted your irony meter and maybe caused some misunderstanding, I was attempting to simplify my concept, with a metaphor, to show how 'god' can lead the way whilst being imaginary.

Imaginary things can lead the way, they lead where ever you want them to lead. In history that path has lead to many very bad things as well as suffocating honest inquiry...

You seem to have missed the part, of your post, that's relevant to the previous page or three (nobody is disputing the assumption that god doesn't exist), you also seem to have missed the numerous times this argument has appeared in this thread already

IOW

And???

I do not make the assumption god does not exist, yes i know my point has been made many times in this thread, I am of the opinion it cannot be made to many times.

My point with my attempt at humor was that god is what ever you want it to be and that god is a concept, god, if real, cannot be the god that is described in any holy text that i am aware of and i am aware of quite a bit.

The assertion that even an imaginary friend can lead they way has been acknowledged and put to use in the real world, millions of dead women who were condemned as witches, horrific wars over whose dogma was correct, not to mention airplanes flying into building can attest to this...

Edited by Moontanman

The hell is going on in here

Everything relevant was already said in this thread. Now some kids are running around screaming "Im smart", Dimreepr is trying to get this thread on track (whatever that track might be) while Moontanman is listening to Bigfoot singing in his back yard and I'm stiring everything with dirty sarcasm.

Imaginary things can lead the way, they lead where ever you want them to lead. In history that path has lead to many very bad things as well as suffocating honest inquiry...

I do not make the assumption god does not exist, yes i know my point has been made many times in this thread, I am of the opinion it cannot be made to many times.

My point with my attempt at humor was that god is what ever you want it to be and that god is a concept, god, if real, cannot be the god that is described in any holy text that i am aware of and i am aware of quite a bit.

The assertion that even an imaginary friend can lead they way has been acknowledged and put to use in the real world, millions of dead women who were condemned as witches, horrific wars over whose dogma was correct, not to mention airplanes flying into building can attest to this...

By that logic, we should blame the swastika for allowing itself to be used to inspire fear and hatred, or maybe we blame the original religion that came up with the design.

The sermon on the mount, for instance, isn't trying to inspire fear and loathing, quite the contrary it's obvious message/lesson is how to be content:

The last verse of chapter 5 is considered to be a focal point that summarizes the teaching of the sermon: "be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect", advising his disciples and followers to seek the path towards perfection and the Kingdom of Heaven.[4]

In other words, the only heaven we get is here and now, if we can relax enough to enjoy it.

How so?

I'm a cool guy too, Im not going to condemn you for thinking that Jesus is cooler than Bigfoot.

Your confusion is assuming you need too.

You also conflate, probable with possible (very confusing) Jesus is probable, some-one had to start it (whatever his/her name), Bigfoot is possible but not not probable.

Stop with the condescension, it does nothing but demonstrate ignorance.

By that logic, we should blame the swastika for allowing itself to be used to inspire fear and hatred, or maybe we blame the original religion that came up with the design.

The sermon on the mount, for instance, isn't trying to inspire fear and loathing, quite the contrary it's obvious message/lesson is how to be content:

In other words, the only heaven we get is here and now, if we can relax enough to enjoy it.

So all religions are equally likely to lead you down the correct path? More importantly the correct path is more likely to be chosen by religion? What god and which religion is immaterial to the assertion or do you have a favorite?

Blame the Swastika? A symbol can be asserted to mean anything... religion is a symbol or is symbolism but more importantly neither one has any more influence than we choose to give it but once we have decided to give it that influence what it represents can be anything...

So all religions are equally likely to lead you down the correct path?

I didn't say that...

More importantly the correct path is more likely to be chosen by religion?

I didn't say that...

What god and which religion is immaterial to the assertion or do you have a favorite?

Why would I say that...

Blame the Swastika? A symbol can be asserted to mean anything... religion is a symbol or is symbolism but more importantly neither one has any more influence than we choose to give it but once we have decided to give it that influence what it represents can be anything...

Now I'm confused, how does this represent an argument to my position?

Your confusion is assuming you need too.

You also conflate, probable with possible (very confusing) Jesus is probable, some-one had to start it (whatever his/her name), Bigfoot is possible but not not probable.

Stop with the condescension, it does nothing but demonstrate ignorance.

My post which you are refering to was humorous. Why don't you lighten up a little?