Projectile Motion

learner27

because Good Day guys, i do not intend to get the answers from you i just want some ideas because honestly i cant understand my teacher.

i have a lot of Questions and problems here:

1. Prove that a gun will shoot three times as high when its angle of elevation is 60as when it is 30, but will carry the same horizontal distance.

!

Moderator Note

I moved this topic as it is clearly homework. The homework forum comes with added rules which you can read above - you need to show your efforts and how you are proceeding with the problem.

You could start with the assumptions you will be making (no air resistance, parabolic flight...) and move on to show what equation of motion you think would be right to use and then stick some numbers in. the other members will prod you in the right direction - but only once you start moving yourself

oh im sorry im new here, now i know thanks sorry!

No worries. Hope you enjoy the forum and get the answers you need

• 2 weeks later...

As pointed out earlier, you can assume that motion is in say x-y plane and then break the motion along x and y axis. Now if you write equation of motion for the two axis, comibe one or two things cleverly, you will see the answer yourself.