x2 − 92y2 = 1 math challenge?

The Architekt

Yes you are correct with this: [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math]

Ok, here are two dimensionally sound values of my personal "try" at this.

These units are "sound" with Cosmic Rays, Beta, and Gamma. So that:

Cosmic rays * [beta .866*gamma .5 c]

x= 17403623434808744

y=2712253364740.28

NOTE PLEASE. This does not mean that I have done this correctly, it was my "personal" simple attempt in the challenge for:

A person who can solve x2 − 92y2 = 1 in less than a year is a mathematician.

Brahmaguptahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmagupta's_formula

I think I did pretty good though...

Is that [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math]?

If so given values of [math]x[/math] we can always construct values for [math]y[/math].

Actually anyone can do this, just show us how "you" can prove this to be = h as discrete values of energy = 1 or even just 1 in general.

I already provided an example and would like others to participate using "numerical representations"

Thanks!

cool, any high school student can now consider themselves a mathematician.

Edited by The Architekt

Yes you are correct with this: [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math]

Actually anyone can do this, just show us how "you" can prove this to be = h as discrete values of energy = 1 or even just 1 in general.

I already provided an example and would like others to participate using "numerical representations"

nothing to it:

[math] x = \sqrt{92y^{2} + 1}[/math] for any y

[math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math]

x= 17403623434808744

y=2712253364740.28

Given your value for x, your value for y is incorrect.

[math]y = \sqrt{\frac{x^{2}-1}{92}}[/math]

[math]y = \sqrt{\frac{17403623434808744 ^{2}-1}{92}}[/math]

[math]y \approx \pm 1814453171489560[/math]

Wolfram Alpha calculation

EDIT: corrected LaTeX notation

Edited by JMJones0424

Except x=0

((edit))

Actually, except x<1

If you're referring to the values of x that would yield imaginary results, it would be anything -1 < x < 1. Both 1 and -1 one would yield answers of 0, if I am doing the math right.

Let x = 0:

[math] y=\sqrt{\frac{0^{2} - 1}{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\sqrt{\frac{-1}{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\frac{\sqrt{-1}}{\sqrt{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\frac{i}{2\sqrt{23}}[/math]

Let x = -1:

[math] y=\sqrt{\frac{-1^{2} - 1}{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\sqrt{\frac{1 - 1}{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\sqrt{\frac{0}{92}}[/math]

[math] y=\sqrt{0}[/math]

[math] y=0[/math]

The same also holds true for x = 1

Edited by Greg H.

Oh, you were mentioning high-school students, so I ignored the possibility of imaginary numbers. Of course both posts above are correct, if you give hte possibility of i.

I thought we were talking high-school level exercise. My bad.

Y is completely fine:

http://www3.wolframa...s=29&w=249&h=65

It states in this link that the exact result is denominator of 2..

This here is my proof for the constant of 2

Given your value for x, your value for y is incorrect.

[math]y = \sqrt{\frac{x^{2}-1}{92}}[/math]

[math]y = \sqrt{\frac{17403623434808744 ^{2}-1}{92}}[/math]

[math]y \approx \pm 1814453171489560[/math]

Wolfram Alpha calculation

EDIT: corrected LaTeX notation

Edited by The Architekt

Y is completely fine:

http://www3.wolframa...s=29&w=249&h=65

It states in this link that the exact result is denominator of 2..

This here is my proof for the constant of 2

Funnily enough, when I put that equation into WolframAlpha (which I did not know about before today) it gives me back something completely different.

http://www3.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x%5E2-92y%5E2%3D1&lk=4

What? Given your value for x, your value for y is incorrect. That the exact, correct value has a denominator of 2 is neither relevant nor proof of anything. You've provided no proof of your constant of 2 word salad, and you've yet to explain what [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math] has to do with Brahmagupta's formula. As the link you provided explains, it is a method of determining the area of a quadrilateral inscribed in a circle.

EDIT: fixed link

Edited by JMJones0424

What does 1 represent to you guys though??

My x and my y values represent the speed of light to a precession as its - exponent..

Meaning that -1 or +1 = precession in a exponential way...

Nothing can = 0 from what I know.

c/ x17403623434808744+y2712253364740.28 = 1.72231803046111e-14

If you're referring to the values of x that would yield imaginary results, it would be anything -1 < x < 1. Both 1 and -1 one would yield answers of 0, if I am doing the math right.

Let x = 0:

Let x = -1:

[math] y=\sqrt{0}[/math]

[math] y=0[/math]

My x and my y values represent the speed of light to a precession as its - exponent..

Ok, I am going to lose my patience in a minute.

Did it not occur to you at some point that we might need to know what x and y stood for, since you had already assigned them values?

What does 1 represent though? I am confused on your explanation. Does it represent .5?

Let x = 0:

Let x = -1:

[math] y=\sqrt{0}[/math]

[math] y=0[/math]

One is a number. It represents nothing in and of itself.

I don't understand what you mean. Your x and y values are not compatible with the formula you are trying to use. As I have shown, given your x, your y is invalid. What are the units on the two numbers you are using?

I do not understand what you mean by precession in an exponential way. Perhaps you are using the wrong word.

That's just silly. We've already shown how either x or y in [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math] can equal zero. My understanding of what you are trying to prove is equal to zero. The number of Lamborghinis I own is equal to zero.

Congratulations, you assembled a string of alphanumeric symbols. What meaning are you trying to convey?

You must not read the entire post here, me and another member have been speaking about the "same" demonsionally sound values I place earlier..... Sorry for the confusion..

Ok, I am going to lose my patience in a minute.

Did it not occur to you at some point that we might need to know what x and y stood for, since you had already assigned them values?

That 1 here represent a cycle of precession demonsionally sound in alpha numerics but not only in this fashion...

1 represent a cycle for x, the - 1 is a cycle that is quite large....

However, I have not seen anything close to my values given. Would you like to participate using values such as I?

Thanks!

I don't understand what you mean. Your x and y values are not compatible with the formula you are trying to use. As I have shown, given your x, your y is invalid. What are the units on the two numbers you are using?

I do not understand what you mean by precession in an exponential way. Perhaps you are using the wrong word.

That's just silly. We've already shown how either x or y in [math] x^{2}- 92 \: y^{2}=1[/math] can equal zero. My understanding of what you are trying to prove is equal to zero. The number of Lamborghinis I own is equal to zero.

Congratulations, you assembled a string of alphanumeric symbols. What meaning are you trying to convey?

What I "think" this has relation to is the center of mass like pi ratio for example

What I mean about precession can be seen here as an example:

0.104384134 * 9.58 = 1

http://www.calculate...e.com/sci1.html

0.104384134*9.58 = 1.00000000372<----- you see those zeros? There are not supposed to be there. This is a precession and accuracy problem known as round off errors.

Precession is defined by a systems inaccuracy and accuracy in calculations. Instead of an average "finding", some mathematics can be precise, "again" independent from the system that measures it. Again this is a perfect example: 0.104384134 * 9.58 = 1 and 0.104384134*9.58 = 1.00000000372, one is precesise the other is not. I found how to do this by the way, I am precise with anything I calculate. To bad this does no apply to "money" otherwise we would all have a dollar extra for every buck we spend!

Round off errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/42980

So, just as zero and 1 both define empty space so does pecession in its explained form here. 1 and -1 are precession they are located in exponents of numbers.

Electrons have no relation to the center of mass, but this may be wrong due to precession calculations and or functions that need an upgrade.

Since the discovery of the h constant we are now far more advance, imagine now how we can be precise!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Architekt

You must not read the entire post here, me and another member have been speaking about the "same" demonsionally sound values I place earlier..... Sorry for the confusion..

If you were thinking that typing this would clear up any confusion, you're sadly mistaken.

What's a "demonsionally sound values"? Sounds like something that would come out of a guitar being played by the Pick of destiny

dimensionally-sound equation

http://www.av8n.com/physics/dimensional-analysis.htm

On another note:

PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ME! I have already reported your very offensive name under your avatar!

If you were thinking that typing this would clear up any confusion, you're sadly mistaken.

What's a "demonsionally sound values"? Sounds like something that would come out of a guitar being played by the Pick of destiny

PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ME! I have already reported your very offensive name under your avatar!

cool, any high school student can now consider themselves a mathematician.

nothing to it:

[math] x = \sqrt{92y^{2} + 1}[/math] for any y

On another note:

!

Moderator Note

OK, dude, you need to calm down. Staff gets to choose their user titles, and ecoli chose some word play on the title "Moderator". Your reports have all been discussed, and the ones with merit have been acted upon. The ones without merit have not been ignored, but there has been no action taken because they deserved none.

Criticizing your ideas or your presentation is NOT a personal thing. It's what science does to make sure any evidence presented is sound and trustworthy.