After 1 month no light, can we see objects well?

If there were no light during 1month, can we see objects after then?

Does long time no light give a harm effect to our eyes?

Is our eyesight required continuous usage to see something every day?

Edited by alpha2cen

If there were no light during 1month, can we see objects after then?

Does long time no light give a harm effect to our eyes?

Is our eyesight required continuous usage to see something every day?

I am going to say no, for the reason that extended periods of darkness appear to make our eyes more sensitive...

I haven't got sources to hand but it depends when in an organisms life the light is excluded. Exclusion of light at birth (a critical window of neuron development) has been shown in animals to prevent effective development of neuronal pathways, such that when light is finally introduced the animal remains blind.

I imagine as an adult the effect would be transient, with vision returning relatively quickly. Whether your vision would return to 'normal' I have no idea, perhaps this depends on how much if any degradation of neuronal pathways may have occurred during the timescale...

• 1 month later...

When a man is in a coma for 30 years he can wake up and see fine, although his eyes were probably open at points and even when they were closed light can seep through your eyelids.

I think not having light for any period of time would be bad. Biologically we thrive off light, a world void of light for a human for one month couldn't be good.

Light makes vitamin D when it touches our skin.

Our bodies have never been in the complete absence of light, so I guess we will never have an answer to your question.

So long as you get the Vitamins necessary for survival prolonged periods without light shouldn't cause much of a problem. Unless, of course, you are scared of the dark. If that were the case you would be screwed.

Idk man think about it, the human body which has thrived off of photons for a very long time deep down to our Evolutionized DNA. Not just our species as of now but all we know that we have evolved from. Now think about putting the human body in an absence of such an essential particle for our survival.

Light has more than the eye can see ;)