A bit advice for me?

Vastor

Hi everybody,

lemme get straight to the point, I aimed my life to be a scientist/researcher (mainly on math & physic). But at the same time I'm worried on financial problem(having a job is not easy as it sound). Fortunately, researching is not my only interest, creating & building stuff also such as programming. btw, I'm just a newbie on c++ for now.

Either to take my "desired road" of learning (ignoring financial problem, which I don't know how things will going) or just take some moment for the "safe road" to stabilize my income.

anyway. the 'keypoint' of choice here is time, experience & income. choosing "desired road" would save me some time from 'wasting' into making degree in computing(for job sake). yet, I will have less experienced & income from this choice. need to face higher risk also.

choosing "safe road" would give otherwise result. I call it 'safe' because here(malaysia), there no really job for physicist (maybe can be lecturer). just engineer and such yet it's rare. most R&D here are aim for biology & nanotechnology because of its promising fortune for the country. Furthermore, I may learning about math / physic while finishing the degree for computing.

Another problem that I had is how my learning should proceed. Back in the past (around months ago), I'm always ask around the board members. And now, I feel somehow ashamed because I ask too much and expected to be spoon-fed because this is a bad habit, especially for someone who want to be a researcher.

So, I'm trying to decided that I should never ask. but somehow at some point my presumption just blocking my understanding such as post 13 question 22

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/65247-understanding-electricity/page__pid__690766#entry690766 in this thread. After reading Swansont'post, I feel guilty asking the question.

The concept are simple, but because of misunderstanding of equation R = V/I. (where I thought with the increase of Resistance would lead to increase of Voltage)doh.gif which my presumption is the equation applied to everywhere and that "resistance induce voltage" is silly indeed. Not enough with that, (which happen most of the time/multiple subject) I even thought the answer given are wrong. Thus forcing me to ask on the forum for confirmation and help.

So, My only action is, I arrange my schedule for now. generally, it's like this:

before 3.00PM -------> waste time a.k.a. school

3.00PM-8.00PM------->study subject that I like/exam that I had.

8.00PM-10.00PM-----> study c++

after 10.00PM -------> have accessed to the internet

the policy more like 3hours atleast on science subject, 2hours atleast on programming, and internet after 10.00PM(I have terrible internet addiction)...

this schedule somehow working (done it for some days already), especially preventing me from asking here. and I feel more glad able to answer the 'challenging' question myself also.

so, anybody, who has advice/tip/information/ or anything that can help me, pls tell here, thanks.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions.

If you want to learn 'science'on your own look out some booksor internet stuff on 'engineering science'.

This is basic stuff designed for auto mechnaics, plumbers, electricians and other practical trades to understand enough science and maths for their needs. It is a very good introduction over a wide range.

By the way what dis you think of my post in your voltage thread?

Edited by studiot

Invent something revolutionary or find a niche market for something....

why is school wasting time if you like to learn science / engineering?

well let's see... half of the "must learn" subject is useless and most teacher are distracting rather than helping. + typical school day stress...

thought so, really need to score good to get on on what I wanted/needed to learn.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions.

If you want to learn 'science'on your own look out some booksor internet stuff on 'engineering science'.

This is basic stuff designed for auto mechnaics, plumbers, electricians and other practical trades to understand enough science and maths for their needs. It is a very good introduction over a wide range.

By the way what dis you think of my post in your voltage thread?

well, it's not that bad, but seriously you should have answer the most recent at that time which is not what you are answering.(You're answering the one which is around 2months ago.)