The Official "Quick Question" Thread

boris_73

Sure, and your cell phone will create EMPs and use them to communicate. However when people talk about EMPs they usually mean ones powerful enough to fry electronics. An electromagnet really isn't going to do that.

well i had an idea to try to build a electromagnet and i was woried that it might disrupt nearby electronics (would it damage anything at close range?

such as >5 feet)

and how would you make an electromagnet big enough to pick up small metal components from 8-10 yards?

how close close can an electronic device be before it is

damaged by a magnetic field of this strength?

Edited by dragonstar57

how do you find out how much memory is used/free/total on your computer? (using windows xp)

RAM memory should be under the ctrl-alt-del Task Manager, under the "processes" tab (and then look at the bottom right corner for the total).

Harddisk memory you can find by right-clicking on the harddisk icon (in "My Computer"), and choosing properties at the bottom.

For the total harddisk memory of all disks combined, you have to add up all the harddisks and partitions manually.

what happens when salt and bleach is mixed

I think you just get salty bleach.

can you poor bleach in you're water softener to clean out the lines?

I doubt it would help much, unless you are concerned about its color or possible bacteria.

seems a bit homeworky

JULIET

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:

But no more deep will I endart mine eye

Than your consent gives strength to make it fly.

now can you give the line # and the page # in

"English 10: developing competency " ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by dragonstar57

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

IK i have been asking a lot of questions on this thread but i have another one sry... i have heard that blue headlights are brighter than white headlights but why is that? is the blue light more coherent so it goes further or something?

There may be a polarizing effect related, the xenon type bulb uses more power, more luminosity.

• 1 year later...

I have a quick question. Can brainwaves affect the brain? I know we have sensors which can detect brainwaves that originate in the brain, but is it possible to synthetically produce that kind of wave and send it to the brain to be perceived? That way, brain computer interfaces could be two-way and facilitate true virtual reality. If anyone knows of any research in that area please post a link.