why do other members answer for other members????

why do other members answer for other members????

Opps, let me define this...

I place up a post, a member answers, I reply thinking it is this member I am talking too, then someone else hi jacks this members answer to me and starts accusing me of not making sense and saying that i need to take a breath or something....

It is more than obvious this is happening, I see it all over the threads.. This should not be allowed at all to happen as it ruins good people to people relations. This seems more politics than science to me.....

It can get confusing, but especially for popular topics it would be impossible and undesirable to keep members from contributing. If this is happening then its important to review the whole thread and keep track of who is saying what and if there's potential confusion, politely point it out. These threads belong to everyone and the point is to facilitate conversation.

At one point, we had a board dedicated to structured debates between two people. If there's interest in that sort of thing, we can talk about bringing it back.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that a third person should not enter the discussion until the two having the discussion have come to an agreement?

Edit: In answer to The Architekt.

Edited by Joatmon

I hope I am not out of line by jumping into this conversation when I have not been directly addressed....

No one is hijacking anything. A third person contributing in no way keeps the original two people from talking to each other.

Threads are also going to have fewer contributors and be much less robust if you are not allowed to respond to certain posts.

No, what I am saying is the people 'members" here are using other members profile to answer my questions I know this already. Yes I know people have jobs and at times others needs to continue a "forum's" responses because their are way to many members here.

BUT I take things literally and take advice from those whom told me " let others know you are not a scientist."

When I admit this and say I may be wrong, or I do not know how to explain this, these members "using other's profiles" tell me they do not understand " anything" I say, call me a kid, tell me I may be trolling and etc...

Its their avoidance to say:

"Science at this time in our evolution, does not know how to create something like this, or we just do not know how to answer your question at this time because science does not know the answer.

They should tell the truth, scientist are the BRAIN'S OF THIS WORLD, we look up to them. They should act like thinkers with solutions, not people whom are concerned with the human ego and a great public status, thats government and religion!

I hope I am not out of line by jumping into this conversation when I have not been directly addressed....

No one is hijacking anything. A third person contributing in no way keeps the original two people from talking to each other.

Threads are also going to have fewer contributors and be much less robust if you are not allowed to respond to certain posts.

No, anyone could join, what I am saying is that members should not use other members profiles and or avatars to follow up on threads from either yesterday, or an hour ago or etc...

Or at lease, have something in common with the members profiles they are using, lots of ""Schizophrenia""" here!

Reminds me of corruption, fakeness and politics....... Sickening!

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that a third person should not enter the discussion until the two having the discussion have come to an agreement?

Edit: In answer to The Architekt.

No, its people "using" other people's member profiles.... I think you know what I am talking about....

It can get confusing, but especially for popular topics it would be impossible and undesirable to keep members from contributing. If this is happening then its important to review the whole thread and keep track of who is saying what and if there's potential confusion, politely point it out. These threads belong to everyone and the point is to facilitate conversation.

At one point, we had a board dedicated to structured debates between two people. If there's interest in that sort of thing, we can talk about bringing it back.

No, what I am saying is the people 'members" here are using other members profile to answer my questions I know this already. Yes I know people have jobs and at times others needs to continue a "forum's" responses because their are way to many members here.

BUT I take things literally and take advice from those whom told me " let others know you are not a scientist."

When I admit this and say I may be wrong, or I do not know how to explain this, these members "using other's profiles" tell me they do not understand " anything" I say, call me a kid, tell me I may be trolling and etc...

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that, for example, someone with the name zapatos, with the avatar of Bugs Bunny, will respond to a post of yours, but that person is not me (the real zapatos). Is that correct? It is instead someone else using my name and avatar and pretending to be me? If I got that wrong, please clarify.

Can you point us to a series of posts where you believe this has happened?

yes you are correct, this is what is happening to me and others.

Its in this post:

http://www.sciencefo...127#entry690127

a senior member also posted something about how what I said made no sense at all,. I don't think it was this senior member though, because what I had placed about a center of mass was in accordance of it being a location only as "they stated."but this thread in general is a good example, I lost the entire interest and became sick to my stomach...

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that, for example, someone with the name zapatos, with the avatar of Bugs Bunny, will respond to a post of yours, but that person is not me (the real zapatos). Is that correct? It is instead someone else using my name and avatar and pretending to be me? If I got that wrong, please clarify.

Can you point us to a series of posts where you believe this has happened?

Edited by The Architekt

No, what I am saying is the people 'members" here are using other members profile to answer my questions I know this already.

!

Moderator Note

No, this is not happening. "Sockpuppetry" is against the rules, and we monitor for such activity as best we can. There's no evidence of it here.

WELL YES IT IS BECAUSE I WAS NOT REPLYING TO YOU SIR.....

Sorry if you disagree, but there is already a note warning members on secrecy insults.... This already gave it away, plus I knew already about this others have told me too I am not the only one here.

you can see the note here---> http://www.sciencefo...ck/page__st__20

You can go ahead and ban me if you choose, I do not like the fact that I have been classified as a meson that is unpredictable....

People should have the right to choose which names they go by, I see a control issue here like a childish game....

!

Moderator Note

No, this is not happening. "Sockpuppetry" is against the rules, and we monitor for such activity as best we can. There's no evidence of it here.

Sorry if you disagree, but there is already a note warning members on secrecy insults.... This already gave it away, plus I knew already about this others have told me too I am not the only one here.

you can see the note here---> http://www.sciencefo...ck/page__st__20

You can go ahead and ban me if you choose, I do not like the fact that I have been classified as a meson that is unpredictable....

People should have the right to choose which names they go by, I see a control issue here like a childish game....

!

Moderator Note

Edited by The Architekt

No, really, it's not.

I do not like the fact that I have been classified as a meson that is unpredictable....

User title badges are automatically incremented at certain thresholds of numbers of posts. Pretty much everybody here with >50 posts has been a meson.

yes I have been told this already, but this still does not change the fact on whom I replied to.. I replied to someone named Zapatos...

I though they were looking at the mess of my other post....

Uhhh forget this, now I am confused on whom is who.....

No, really, it's not.

User title badges are automatically incremented at certain thresholds of numbers of posts. Pretty much everybody here with >50 posts has been a meson.

yes you are correct, this is what is happening to me and others.

Its in this post:

http://www.sciencefo...127#entry690127

a senior member also posted something about how what I said made no sense at all,. I don't think it was this senior member though, because what I had placed about a center of mass was in accordance of it being a location only as "they stated."but this thread in general is a good example, I lost the entire interest and became sick to my stomach...

Ok, I have read through that thread and this is my evaluation:

Generally the members here are very knowledgeable about the topics they discuss, some because of interest, many because of graduate studies, and many because they work in the field they are discussing. Because they are very knowledgeable they quickly identify problems that come up in people's posts. If they think you are wrong they will tell you. If they are unsure what you are saying they will ask questions. And because people are people, sometimes they get frustrated and appear less friendly.

I suspect that you have a lot of potential in science but little formal education. Because you are curious you ask a lot of questions. Because you have little formal education many of your questions cannot be answered as they were asked. This results in people telling you if they think you are wrong and asking you questions if they are unsure what you are saying. And you being a person, sometimes you get frustrated and appear less friendly.

Because of the difference in education levels it is my opinion that conversations between you and many of the other members of this site are not going to be fruitful. I'm afraid you are in over your head. If you hang around and listen in (like I do a lot) you will likely learn much. Ask questions when you'd like, but if people claim they don't understand what you are talking about, it is probably because what you are saying doesn't make sense the way you said it. You would probably be better off investigating it further yourself and trying again later when you know the material better.

I believe you are mistaken that people are using the identity of others in responding to you. I think what you were saying wasn't clear to any of them and so they all responded in the same manner. I admit that what you said wasn't clear to me either.

Please don't take any of this as an attack on you personally. I think your interest in science is commendable but you are trying to participate at a level that is above your head. It is my hope that you stick around and that eventually you will be able to help people learn in the future as much as you can learn now.

One of the things you'll find around here is that people speak their minds. It may not be pleasant all the time but it is usually not personal. That is just the way conversation goes at this level. It generally works better if you try not to take offense.

Thanks for your time and typing this in an way that is much more understanding to me. I will take your advice so thanks on this, I will stick around....

Ok, I have read through that thread and this is my evaluation:

Generally the members here are very knowledgeable about the topics they discuss, some because of interest, many because of graduate studies, and many because they work in the field they are discussing. Because they are very knowledgeable they quickly identify problems that come up in people's posts. If they think you are wrong they will tell you. If they are unsure what you are saying they will ask questions. And because people are people, sometimes they get frustrated and appear less friendly.

I suspect that you have a lot of potential in science but little formal education. Because you are curious you ask a lot of questions. Because you have little formal education many of your questions cannot be answered as they were asked. This results in people telling you if they think you are wrong and asking you questions if they are unsure what you are saying. And you being a person, sometimes you get frustrated and appear less friendly.

Because of the difference in education levels it is my opinion that conversations between you and many of the other members of this site are not going to be fruitful. I'm afraid you are in over your head. If you hang around and listen in (like I do a lot) you will likely learn much. Ask questions when you'd like, but if people claim they don't understand what you are talking about, it is probably because what you are saying doesn't make sense the way you said it. You would probably be better off investigating it further yourself and trying again later when you know the material better.

I believe you are mistaken that people are using the identity of others in responding to you. I think what you were saying wasn't clear to any of them and so they all responded in the same manner. I admit that what you said wasn't clear to me either.

Please don't take any of this as an attack on you personally. I think your interest in science is commendable but you are trying to participate at a level that is above your head. It is my hope that you stick around and that eventually you will be able to help people learn in the future as much as you can learn now.

One of the things you'll find around here is that people speak their minds. It may not be pleasant all the time but it is usually not personal. That is just the way conversation goes at this level. It generally works better if you try not to take offense.

Its their avoidance to say:

"Science at this time in our evolution, does not know how to create something like this, or we just do not know how to answer your question at this time because science does not know the answer.

They should tell the truth, scientist are the BRAIN'S OF THIS WORLD, we look up to them. They should act like thinkers with solutions, not people whom are concerned with the human ego and a great public status, thats government and religion!

No, anyone could join, what I am saying is that members should not use other members profiles and or avatars to follow up on threads from either yesterday, or an hour ago or etc...

Or at lease, have something in common with the members profiles they are using, lots of ""Schizophrenia""" here!

Reminds me of corruption, fakeness and politics....... Sickening!

No, its people "using" other people's member profiles.... I think you know what I am talking about....

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Edited by Aethelwulf