Gay gene

Kranis

http://blog.23andme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Drabant-Poster-v7.pdf

I'm believe the most cases a homonal or/and a epigenetic failure causes male homosexuality.

Epigenetic means a wrong dna-methylation, but also x-inactivation.

this study says 13% of men were gay. A good proof for me, thqt there sin't a genetic marker for homosexuality in the msot cases.

This GWAS is still ongoing fot the next years.

There are more gays outside than you realize.

Edited by Manfromzurich

this study says 13% of men were gay. A good proof for me, thqt there sin't a genetic marker for homosexuality in the msot cases.

Hmm? how do you come to that conclusion?

I'm believe the most cases a homonal or/and a epigenetic failure causes male homosexuality.

Do I sense some progression? Only a few pages ago you were asserting your DNA had a mutation that made you gay, or does your case not fit into this group of "most cases"?

Correct jp255. I BELIEVE 1 or 2 of ten gays is a faggot because of a genetic mutation in their dna, while the other 80% of the gays is homosexual cause of a hormonal/epigenetic failure. I do see myself in this faggot catogory. Then I do look very weird and ugly. Even like a fag. I often have to hear I looked like a faggot. That hurts.

https://twitter.com/Luxerioros

I clearly HAVE a biological error.

Correct jp255. I BELIEVE 1 or 2 of ten gays is a faggot because of a genetic mutation in their dna, while the other 80% of the gays is homosexual cause of a hormonal/epigenetic failure. I do see myself in this faggot catogory. Then I do look very weird and ugly. Even like a fag. I often have to hear I looked like a faggot. That hurts.

https://twitter.com/Luxerioros

I clearly HAVE a biological error.

Not all men who appear to be effeminate are homosexual, not all homosexuals are effeminate in appearance, your argument is trivially falsified not to mention nonsensical and smacks of a self hatred that suggests you need professional help.

Sir I'm not blind and I will get the full insight into my genetic code. I want to see biological facts and not psychological shit.

Enough time I had to hear insult because of my looking. People like you aren't good scientist. There is CLEARLY a wrong biological ongoing n my body and are you doing, you say I should need psychological help. Very week of you.

And Sir I can exatcly see how faggy I look in this two pictures where I am staying in the forest. I CAN SEE that I look abnormal. And I will find out trough what this is caused(my homosexuality). And I will fix it.

Edited by Manfromzurich

If that link was to a picture of you then you clearly have issues, the individual in that photo is no more unusual looking than anyone else i have ever seen. In fact he would not raise an eye brow where I live and I live in one of the most homophobic areas i know of... get over your self dude or get professional help but stop using insulting language to insult a entire group of human beings...

That wasn't the progress I was hoping for.

Sir I'm not blind and I will get the full insight into my genetic code

Why do you need any insight into your genetic code? you have already confirmed the causitive agent of your homosexuality.

Or does this comment mean that you realise your assertions might be wrong?

I clearly HAVE a biological error

I would say you clearly have a naturally occuring trait.

Then I do look very weird and ugly. Even like a fag.

I think you're fit. I'm not keen on your attitude though.

I also hope the Human Brain Project of the ETH Lausanne will find out more how sexual orientation runs neurobiologically and neurobiophysically.

BTW it's interesting the Americans say they were the most cultivated and educated nation on earth, but in same-sex right and homophobia they drive badly.

http://filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/stats-on-human-rights/statistics-on-discrimination/statistics-on-discrimination-of-homosexuals/

Correct jp255. I BELIEVE 1 or 2 of ten gays is a faggot

And Sir I can exatcly see how faggy I look

!

Moderator Note

Manfromzurich, please refrain from using the term "faggot" or "faggy" to describe homosexuals. It's considered offensive and hateful and is against the rules you agreed to when you joined.

If you have a problem with this modnote, do NOT discuss it here. Either Report this post or contact another member of the Staff with your problem.

BTW it's interesting the Americans say they were the most cultivated and
educated nation on earth, but in same-sex right and homophobia they
drive badly.

The Americans I talk to take a certain amount of pride in not being the most cultivated and educated people on earth. It's a cultural trait, of Americans, to not only freely admit that other people are more cultivated and educated than they are, but to regard that as a sign of comparatively poor judgment, flawed character, and practical incapability in those other people.

The Americans I talk to take a certain amount of pride in not being the most cultivated and educated people on earth. It's a cultural trait, of Americans, to not only freely admit that other people are more cultivated and educated than they are, but to regard that as a sign of comparatively poor judgment, flawed character, and practical incapability in those other people.

That is a bit harsh isn't it?

Well but why does in the most US- states their is still no civil-union right for gay people? And why is the hate crime against gay people in the USA a lot time higher than in western European countries like Germany, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands or Finnland.

@Moontanman

Why harsh? Well I don't see why the Americans and the USA generally should be better educated, situated or cultivated than my nation. Even the European movies are more intelligent and contents than the most Hollywood movies. And our medias here are more free. Also our infrastructure and public transport systems here in CH, but also in Germany and France are a lot time more modern and in a better condition. Even our living expancy is longer for both gender than for Americans. We are also more wealthy than the US-Americans and have a higher Puchasing power than the USA.

Edited by Manfromzurich

That is a bit harsh isn't it?

Oh, saying it bluntly like that, maybe - but it's accurate.

When Paul Wellstone was running against Rudy Boschwitz for Senate, in Minnesota, Rudy dressed in flannel shirts and addressed Paul as "professor" at every opportunity. Why, do you think?

How came it that John Kerry's ability to speak French worked as a liability, in the 2004 Pres race - that and related factors so influencing things that the douche actually rode a Harley unto the stage of a talk show, leather jacket and all, to try to make amends? That one study after another has established variations on the theme that people vote for someone they would enjoy having a beer with, regard as seeing the world as they do, are very sure doesn't condescend to their level of education whatever it may be, has an educational background similar to theirs, etc.

As Gore was not the first to find out, a politician perceived as an overeducated snob will normally lose to anyone - anyone - they are running against. Regardless of their actual record and policies.

Which was one reason the American reflex homophobia didn't kick in with the Jeff Gannon business - W never pondered, or acted thoughtful, or allowed a hint of intellectual aura to adhere to his strut.

And it's not all to the bad, this American anti-intellectual streak. Say: The orneriness fostered has many virtues, can be appreciated for its contributions. Sharp elbows make elbow room for us all, in some circumstances. As Bill Maher put it, you can do anything in America as long as you aren't a pussy about it.

Tangent tie: this partly accounts for the restistance, in the US, to the notion of a genetic influence or setup for sexual orientation - it strikes people as an attempt to weasel out of responsibility, to capitulate weakly to pussy behavior and then blame your parents or something. Like the genetic propensity for alcohol addiction. Otherwise the matter would be one of research and discovery, an intriguing question followed, an interesting science investigation shedding light on how we are set up to be human.

Edited by overtone

At overtone

You believe pussy behavior = all homosexual men? Not all gays are such queers who are hairdresser and wear pink t-shirts.

The study of 23andme clearly show us, that 13% of all men are gay. So the most gays do behave like a normal man

I don't believe more in a exact genetic marker which causes male homosexuality. I rather believe that a hormonal, epigentic failure(dna-methylation error/x-inactivatin/genome inprinting) or perhaps a polygenetic error to cause it.

My father and me have the theory that a polygenetic could cause diseases. We are speaking about incompatibility of gene variants. Possible that homosexuality occurs, if some genes variants, which are incompatible to each other, are common in someones dna.

Anyway thos whole hypothalamus, amygdala and hippocampus region is very hormon sensitive. Possible that the masculination of these regions runs not 100 correctly in all men.

Edited by Manfromzurich

The study of 23andme clearly show us, that 13% of all men are gay

no it doesn't. It is limited to the particular population they studied.

I don't believe more in a exact genetic marker which causes male homosexuality. I rather believe that a hormonal, epigentic failure(dna-methylation error/x-inactivatin/genome inprinting) or perhaps a polygenetic error to cause it.

Why not just keep an open mind? there is a lot of research that still needs to be done.

My father and me have the theory that a polygenetic could cause diseases. We are speaking about incompatibility of gene variants. Possible that homosexuality occurs, if some genes variants, which are incompatible to each other, are common in someones dna.

Polygenetic traits/diseases have been known about for a long time. Your possibility seems a little too specific to me, what makes you think incompatibility is the most likely cause of homosexuality if it is polygenic?

I am sure these 13/14% tell us the truth. Well 23andme has 200'000 customer from USA and all over the world. The droped the prize of 290$ down to 90$, because they want to get more than 1 million costumer.

No Sir I don't believe you can speak here of a ''particular'' group. They will continue this GWAS the next several years and should their study grow over 100'000 men asked about their sexual orientation and should still between 12% and 14% of men indentify as gay, then we can clearly say this is the fact.

I know you can't accept this, because in the real life outside, you don't spot such a lot of gays, because you believe in these cliché gays. But see, if only 2 %until 3 % of all men were gay how you believe, it wasn't so easy to make channelx like ''taken, straight or gay'' or woman and five gays.

Edited by Manfromzurich

I know you can't accept this, because in the real life outside, you don't spot such a lot of gays, because you believe in these cliché gays

if only 2 %until 3 % of all men were gay how you believe

Care to provide some support for these claims?

Do you think that by using those claims, my argument against your statement "13% of all men are gay" is invalidated?

They will continue this GWAS the next several years and should their study grow over 100'000 men asked about their sexual orientation and should still between 12% and 14% of men indentify as gay, then we can clearly say this is the fact.

So 100,000 men were asked about their sexuality and the prevalence was 13% in this group. This 100,000 men represents a very small proportion of the total population, within which there are environmental, cultural and genetic differences. That is why I disagreed with your comment.

Go ask a mathematican about statistics and stochastic.

I'm sure If you would work in a bank where it has 3000 male employers and would you make a poll(the answer of each one stays anonymous) about their sexual orientation, )9% until 11% would say they were gay.

I mean did you know that Victor Garber or Neil Patrick Harris before they had their coming out. Look at this list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ClwkBTwU5ZQ/

I can't believe in your ''2% or 3%'' frequency.

I go asking in the mathematic forum.

Edited by Manfromzurich

I'm sure If you would work in a bank where it has 3000 male employers and would you make a poll(the answer of each one stays anonymous) about their sexual orientation, )9% until 11% would say they were gay.

This does not follow from your original claim "13% of all men are gay". Why would you expect the bank scenario to be within the range 9-11% gay?

I can't believe in your ''2% or 3%'' frequency.

You still havn't provided any support for your claims on what my opinions on the prevalence are. Putting words in my mouth.

I mean did you know that Victor Garber or Neil Patrick Harris before they had their coming out. Look at this list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ClwkBTwU5ZQ/

care to explain the relevance of this?

Edited by jp255

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/72481-frequency-of-male-homosexuality/

I believe that these very feminine gays are very often haidressers or cloth designer or flower seller. hat's why I believe in a bank there are less gays.

Well there are such a lot of gay actors, that your ''2%-3%'' can't be correct.

Edited by Manfromzurich

!

Moderator Note

This has once again gone off topic.

This thread is about whether being gay has a genetic component or whether is it simply a matter of choice. It is not about how many people are gay, it is not about whether effeminate gay men are hair dressers and it is not about how many gay men work in banks.

Please return this thread back to the topic it was intended to address. Any more posts that are off topic will be removed.

I certainly believe there is a gene. We have to have a gene that tells our bodies to reproduce, otherwise, how are we all here? And just like other genes, there can be mutations. It might seem rude to say homosexualit is a mutation, but think about it: we're all mutated some way. You might say that the gay gene can't be passed down because homosexuals can't reproduce, however, our ancestors job was to continue the line. Even today, homosexuals will marry the opposite sex and have offspring, suppressing their true desire because of their upbringing, society or their inabilty to accept themselves. You can be sure that has happened before. Also, it could just be a common mutation, like left-handedness-- it doesn't have to be a major change to be a mutation. It could happen all the time.