Strange noises being heard all over the world?

Aethelwulf

I have no idea what to make of the recent rumors that strange sounds are being heard all over the world. I did see one professional recently saying that such sounds are quite normal and is probably caused by electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere from things like the aurora belt... If the following video has any truth behind it, I must say the sounds are very creepy. It almost

reminds me of the sounds the tripods made in the film ''The War of the Worlds''. Ok so what would everyone's conclusion be... worldwide hoax?

I didn't know whether to post this in speculations. I certainly can't prove anything here today, I am just reporting on it.

So. I see you're impressed with my new sound system! Yeah... its pretty awesome.

worldwide hoax?

Honestly, I just want to experience this. I really want to hear it! I don't care whether its real, or what kind of science comes with it. This ominous sound... oh, its just the coolest ever. I love hearing this stuff in soundtracks. I should try someway to artificially recreate it. I'm quite bored at the moment, and this would make a crazy fun new project. My nearest neighbors are about a mile away, but they shouldn't miss out!

This should definitely cure my boredom.

EDIT: Any ideas? What about bells/gongs? Shape, size, material, vibration-method, amplification techniques?

Edited by Ben Bowen

Yay, verily, 'tis Satan calling...

For it were God, then I would expect all those sounds, in different parts of the world, to sound similar and they don't.

Everyone knows, God uses proprietary VSTs... and the Devil has the best tunes.

So. I see you're impressed with my new sound system! Yeah... its pretty awesome.

Honestly, I just want to experience this. I really want to hear it! I don't care whether its real, or what kind of science comes with it. This ominous sound... oh, its just the coolest ever. I love hearing this stuff in soundtracks. I should try someway to artificially recreate it. I'm quite bored at the moment, and this would make a crazy fun new project. My nearest neighbors are about a mile away, but they shouldn't miss out!

This should definitely cure my boredom.

EDIT: Any ideas? What about bells/gongs? Shape, size, material, vibration-method, amplification techniques?

Sorry, but you'll be in for a long wait. All these "sounds" were dubbed onto the videos after the fact. They were lifted from the sound track of a movie. If I remember right, it comes from the last "War of the Worlds" movie.

One giveaway pointed out in one of the videos I've seen is that any people that happen to be shown in the video never react to the "sound". No one looks up or looks like they hear it at all. Neither are there any reports besides the videos that supposedly recorded it of anyone hearing the sounds.

So here's what happens: Someone makes a few of these faked videos and puts them on the web. Other people, seeing the videos figure out the hoax and decide they want to play too, and dub the sound onto their own video and put it on you-tube. Another giveaway is that in many of the videos not only is the "sound" exactly identical, but so is the background noise. You hear the same birds at the same time in the videos.

Sorry, but you'll be in for a long wait. All these "sounds" were dubbed onto the videos after the fact. They were lifted from the sound track of a movie. If I remember right, it comes from the last "War of the Worlds" movie.

Ah you see, my ears did not deceive me!