Pyramid Power

Abecedarian

No, it's just not true.

Oh yes it is. You see it on films, which are the government preparations so we won't go mad when they arrive.

And what science experiments are those?

Have you never heard of pyramidology? It is the science of pyramids. Take a sharp razor blade and put it under a cardboard pyramid. It left undisturbed, it won't go blunt in 400 years.

This is a picture of Villagers in Bawomataluo on Nias move a megalith for construction around 1915.

In this case, the aliens are shown on the photograph, they are wearing helmets and extra-sensorial rings around their necks, their wear no shoes for gravitational shielding, their chief standing on the stone wears a stealth protection. Another one in the background on the left has an electromagnetic photon-screen over his head (an umbrella). :)

Nice try, with your photoshopped fake, but the aliens would not just allow themselves to be photographed like that.

Oh yes it is. You see it on films, which are the government preparations so we won't go mad when they arrive.

Have you never heard of pyramidology? It is the science of pyramids. Take a sharp razor blade and put it under a cardboard pyramid. It left undisturbed, it won't go blunt in 400 years.

No it really isn't and what films, that aren't fiction, have you seen?

What makes you think we'll go mad without preparation?

Pseudoscience isn't science and do you have access to the 400 year old razor blade?

Some evidence of these claims please.

Nice try, with your photoshopped fake, but the aliens would not just allow themselves to be photographed like that.

Please let's not go down that road it's clearly not fake.

edit/ Wikipedia doesn't think it's fake.

Edited by dimreepr

There are two glaring absurdities about this

"Have you never heard of pyramidology? It is the science of pyramids. Take a sharp razor blade and put it under a cardboard pyramid. It left undisturbed, it won't go blunt in 400 years."

the first is that nobody will have spent 400 years watching a razor blade.

The second is that you don't seem to have noticed that razor blades do not spontaneously become blunt. They get blunted by use.

It's probably true that if you put one in a cardboard pyramid it would stay sharp for 4000000 years as long as nothing happened to it.

It would also be true if you put it in a cardboard model of Maggie Thatcher.

Now, when I was at school there was a different, and more interesting claim made about pyramids and razor blades.

The claim was that if you put the used blade in a pyramid it would spontaneously resharpen itself.

Now that would be worth knowing about.

So a mate of mine tried it.

It didn't work (of course).

I saw that razor blade not get sharp.

Has anyone here actually seem any real evidence of "pyramid power"?

If not then the evidence is one nil to the "it's balderdash" team.

Now, when I was at school there was a different, and more interesting claim made about pyramids and razor blades.

The claim was that if you put the used blade in a pyramid it would spontaneously resharpen itself.

Now that would be worth knowing about.

So a mate of mine tried it.

It didn't work (of course).

I saw that razor blade not get sharp.

You have to charge up your pyramid, first. Of course it won't work, if you don't believe because you will block the power with negative thoughts. Maybe your friend had a blocked chakra?

Please provide evidence.

Evidence that a sharpened razor blade will stay sharp if you don't use it? That's normally referred to as "Taking a new one out of the box and putting it in the razor." Please feel free to conduct your own experiments to verify the findings.

For the record, I am on the Mythbusters website right now. I am so pushing this idea for an episode.

Edited by Greg H.

Evidence that a sharpened razor blade will stay sharp if you don't use it?

No, putting it inside a cardboard Maggie Thatcher.

Alright, forget about the razor blade then.

Egyptologists have found well preserved grain in tombs that is thousands of years old. In sharp contrast, grains stored in modern silos usually spoils after only a few seasons of storage. Grain in modern silos usually keeps no longer than four years.The preservation of organic material in pyramids has received a lot of attention in popular books. In the 1930s, a Frenchman named Antoine Bovis observed that a dead cat in the Great Pyramid did not decompose. The animal apparently wandered into the King's Chamber and perished before finding an exit route. The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid. The animal apparently wandered into the King's Chamber and perished before finding an exit route. The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid.Bovis's observation gave rise to the idea of 'pyramid power,' which preserve organic matter. Advocates of pyramid power include a French radiologist named Jean Martial; an electronics engineer from Prague named Karl Drbal; author and biologist Lyall Watson; and physicist Patrick Flanagan.

You would need to come up with a reason why a razor blade in a cardboard model of Maggie would go blunt.

What's the mechanism?

It's your extraordinary claim- so you have to justify it, not me.

No.

Let's not forget about the razor blade which my schoolmate experimented on and which proved "pyramidology" wrong.

Lets remember exactly what it did: it did nothing.

Do you see how that ugly fact slays your "theory"?

While I'm at it

"The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid."

How is the air always humid?

Where does the water come from?

In a dry country like Egypt, that would be a hell of a lot more practical use than a razor blade.

Is there actually a proper measurement of the humidity?

Was the equipment calibrated?

I’d be more inclined to view this so called evidence if both these sites weren’t trying to sell me a pyramid or connected items.

Wikipedia takes a more objective view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramidology

Pyramidology is regarded as pseudoscience by scientists today, who regard such hypotheses as sensationalist, inaccurate and/or wholly deficient in empirical analysis and application of the scientific method.

Alright, forget about the razor blade then.

Yep. That goal post has been chopped down, so just build another further down the field about some other nonsense.

Egyptologists have found well preserved grain in tombs that is thousands of years old. In sharp contrast, grains stored in modern silos usually spoils after only a few seasons of storage. Grain in modern silos usually keeps no longer than four years.The preservation of organic material in pyramids has received a lot of attention in popular books.

No, that nonsense passage repeated over and over without evidence has received a lot of attention in books popular amongst a crowd who are easily parted from their money. Please cite one scientific paper published in a reputable journal that demonstrates this supposed preservative power of pyramids. One.

In the 1930s, a Frenchman named Antoine Bovis observed that a dead cat in the Great Pyramid did not decompose. The animal apparently wandered into the King's Chamber and perished before finding an exit route. The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid. The animal apparently wandered into the King's Chamber and perished before finding an exit route. The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid. Bovis's observation gave rise to the idea of 'pyramid power,' which preserve organic matter.

This, too is replicated over and over. It's not true. Pure fabrication. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power (emphasis mine):

This popular version is contradicted by an account discovered by Junior Skeptic magazine in which
Bovis denies visiting Egypt
. In this self-published French-language booklet Bovis off-handedly ascribes the discovery of pyramid power to armchair reasoning and mystical experiments in Europe using a dowsing pendulum:

I have supposed that Egyptians were already very good dowsers and had oriented their pyramid by means of rod and pendulum.
Being unable to go there
to experiment and verify the radiations of the Keops Pyramid, I have built with cardboard some pyramids that you can see now, and I was astonished when, having built a regular pyramid and oriented it, I found the positive at the East, the negative at the West, and at the North and the South, dual-positive and dual-negative.
Edited by D H

You would need to come up with a reason why a razor blade in a cardboard model of Maggie would go blunt.

What's the mechanism?

It doesn't need a mechanism. These things transcend ordinary mechanical things. Wheels and cogs etc. are just the inventions of man. Primitive contraptions.

No.

Let's not forget about the razor blade which my schoolmate experimented on and which proved "pyramidology" wrong.

Lets remember exactly what it did: it did nothing.

Do you see how that ugly fact slays your "theory"?

That's probably because there was a problem with his pyramid. Might not have been properly charged with energy. Or it could have been faulty and the energy could have escaped. Did anyone think to call in a pyramidologist to diagnose the fault?

While I'm at it

"The cat's body dried out, although the air in the King's Chamber is always humid."

How is the air always humid?

Where does the water come from?

In a dry country like Egypt, that would be a hell of a lot more practical use than a razor blade.

Is there actually a proper measurement of the humidity?

Was the equipment calibrated?

I suppose the humidity comes from the sweat left over from the slaves who built the pyramid.

Please cite one scientific paper published in a reputable journal that demonstrates this supposed preservative power of pyramids. One.

Fortean Times.

It doesn't need a mechanism. These things transcend ordinary mechanical things. Wheels and cogs etc. are just the inventions of man. Primitive contraptions.

I don't think you understand the problem. If I made a "proper" pyramid, and put a new, sharp razor blade within it, I would fully expect it to remain sharp - because nothing is happening to change the state of the blade and dull it. I would expect the same thing if I had no pyramid. In fact, I observe the same thing when I open a box of razor blades from my closet, pull out a blade that has never been used, and discover - amazingly enough - that it's still sharp. So in reality, with or without the pyramid, the razor blade remains sharp. So remind me again what you were trying to prove?

That's probably because there was a problem with his pyramid. Might not have been properly charged with energy. Or it could have been faulty and the energy could have escaped. Did anyone think to call in a pyramidologist to diagnose the fault?

I think it's time this discussion got broken off and moved to speculations.

I suppose the humidity comes from the sweat left over from the slaves who built the pyramid.

Really - and in a desert how did that minuscule amount of humidity last for a few thousand years? Oh, wait - I forgot, the pyramid did it.

Fortean Times.

He said reputable scientific journal. Not the pseudo-science equivalent of the National Enquirer.

It doesn't need a mechanism. These things transcend ordinary mechanical things.

That argument doesn't cut it here. The name of this site is scienceforums.net. Science, not woo. Stop evading the questions.

Yes! If someone can't re-create that woo nonsense they must have done it wrong. Sorry, but your woo nonsense is just that, woo nonsense. Stop evading the questions.

Nonsense.

Please cite one scientific paper published in a reputable journal that demonstrates this supposed preservative power of pyramids. One.
Fortean Times.

That isn't a scientific paper. It's a disreputable, non-scientific rag journal. You can find a list of 16,000 scientific journals, some of which are borderline, at Thomson Reuters. Please find one article in a scientific journal, one listed at Thomson Reuters, that demonstrates the supposed preservative power of pyramids. Stop evading the questions.

Many of us have chopped down several of your many goal posts you have erected here. We've chopped them down so thoroughly that you cannot move them. You have completely ignored these chopped down goal posts. Instead of erecting new goal posts further down the field, please address those that have already been chopped down.

Many of us have chopped down several of your many goal posts you have erected here. We've chopped them down so thoroughly that you cannot move them. You have completely ignored these chopped down goal posts. Instead of erecting new goal posts further down the field, please address those that have already been chopped down.

You make it hard for me and now I've run out of ideas. Intransigence must have it's limits for a believer, let alone a sceptic of New Age pseudo-science. I will get back to you with the mind-blowing truth as soon as my pyramid comes back, as it has currently been sent away for repairs.

"I will get back to you with the mind-blowing truth as soon as my pyramid comes back, as it has currently been sent away for repairs."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

"That's probably because there was a problem with his pyramid. Might not have been properly charged with energy. Or it could have been faulty and the energy could have escaped. Did anyone think to call in a pyramidologist to diagnose the fault?"

How did they get the energy to "charge" the Egyptian ones?

Also, odd as it may seem, Runcorn in the 1980s didn't have a lot of "pyramidologists" to call in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runcorn