Star Trek

eric555

I was watching star trek movie and in it there was group of students who were answering to mathematics sums of high end mathematics questions without refering to rough calculations nor to any arithmetic calci.

So do such high end brains exists which solve mathematics without solving?

Human brains as a cultured medium for solving mathematics without use of analytical skills!

The movie even suggests that mathematics was a subject of space race!???

Edited by eric555

I don't even know what "there was group of students who were answering to mathematics sums of high end mathematics questions without refering to rough calculations nor to any arithmetic calci" is supposed to mean. Of course, trained mathematicians can answer some mathematical some problems quickly that take untrained people using more basic methods ages to answer.

Edited by timo

I don't even know what "there was group of students who were answering to mathematics sums of high end mathematics questions without refering to rough calculations nor to any arithmetic calci" is supposed to mean. Of course, trained mathematicians can answer some mathematical some problems quickly that take untrained people using more basic methods ages to answer.

I'm pretty sure that he is referring to a scene in the latest Star Trek movie in which they show some Vulcan children in what is apparently some type of educational environment.

So in essence he is asking whether something shown in a work of Science Fiction, involving an entirely imaginary alien species, has any basis in fact. :wacko:

I was watching star trek movie and in it there was group of students who were answering to mathematics sums of high end mathematics questions without refering to rough calculations nor to any arithmetic calci.

So do such high end brains exists which solve mathematics without solving?

Human brains as a cultured medium for solving mathematics without use of analytical skills!

The movie even suggests that mathematics was a subject of space race!???

Which episode of which Star Trek?

• 2 months later...