Water & it's functions in the human body

truth13

I'm not sure exactly where my thread should be posted in.Please move to correct section if I chose wrong,thanks.My interest has grown rapidly this year about water & anything added in it that effects how it functions throughout the body.I find when it comes to health products & marketing them,they like to bend science in their statement on their product(s).

I choose to use properly distilled water.Not based on what distiller companies state.But on my thoughts alone.It's sterile & cheap,40 cents per gallon.I read things such as,

Distilled water leeches minerals from the body etc. etc.Like this link,

My link

Dr.mecola also pushes health products on his site.I find this as another he said she said crap.No raw evidence,documents etc. are given.

I'm getting tired of people not showing those after what they say.Their is also companies pushing alkalized ionized water,another one that seems to bend science in their statement on their product.

I think if someone is going to spend over $1,000 on a little machine that spits out water,they would look further into the science of the manufacturers statements.Sadly most don't.Here is a link that I believe helped me on the quest for truth about alkalized ionized water.

My link2

I have drank distilled for over a year daily.I see my doctor monthly for full checkups & bloodwork.I am very healthy.I think this whole using ph for food deal was made up by vegetarians/raw foodist & hardcore PETA supporters.Don't have anything against them.But allot are nuts & like to ignore science.

Can you please tell me exactly & in the most detail possible what happens once water hits the mouth & all the way through the end?

I read in scientific terms distilled water is basic purity.Then their is lab grade 1 water known as highly purified.Is their any solid evidence available with full documents that either of these negativity affect the human body?

I'm sick & tired of people just saying & not proving.Is it not possible to verify on what i'm asking?

Thanks to all for their time on this,very very much appreciate it!

Edited by truth13

Thanks but I don't trust WHO on water.

Certain constituents of drinking water may have adverse health effects. Epidemiological studies have examined the relation between exposure to trace elements (e.g., copper, zinc, arsenic) and minerals (e.g., magnesium) and the occurrence of disease, including reproductive outcomes,1 certain forms of cancer,2 rare congenital malformations of the central nervous system,36 cardiovascular disease,711 and sudden death.1213 Because waterborne minerals are in ionic form and are easily absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract, it has been suggested that drinking water may be an important source of mineral intake.1416 In this study, we examined calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+), and sodium (Na+) levels because these minerals may be abundant in drinking water. In addition, Ca2+, Mg2+, and Na+ have important physiological functions, and an unsuitable intake of these minerals may increase the likelihood of disease.
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1495189/?tool=pmcentrez)

IMHO demineralized water is just a commercial step of some companies, and it has very little to do with their care about their customer's health. (Their wallets are different case). I've read a few studies about this, and the positive results of drinking such water on health were described only in studies of these companies or of other organizations related to them. It's a very good gold mine and they don't want to loose it. Moreover to some point people can get used to the quality of the water they daily use.

Different case would be in areas, where is no suitable source of drinking water or where the source is very polluted (Some parts of Africa etc.). In these areas I find reverse osmosis a good way to provide drinkable water for people. (The biggest problem there is that they can't afford such "machine for cleaning water"(as you've already mentioned it costs up to thousands $), so nobody cares about this solution.)

Anyway, if you find anything interesting and new about this topic, let me know. I'd be happy to find some new information on this topic.

I believe water is water.Even when theirs no minerals it's still water.I don't think it would pull minerals that's stored in the body.To me it's exactly the same water in our body.

For Minerals,their in just about any food you eat.Even if it's not on the nutritional fact they contain traces of some kind of mineral.

I can drink 480ml of almond milk,90% calcium,8% Manganese,8% magnesium,4% Copper,10% Zinc,8% iron,& 4% potassium DV just in minerals.

I can eat 60g of black rice,%4 potassium,%4 selenium,%6 iron,%8 zinc,%20 phosphorus,%20 magnesium,%35 molybdenum,& %120 DV manganese just in minerals.

I can keep going,but I think it's enough for a example of minerals in food.I found this document ran through a scanner.Towards the end it says:

"NASA has reported no ill effects from consumption of approximately .05mg/L(50 ppB) TDS water on board spacecraft.It appears that the possibility that this could have been a problem was never seriously considered by NASA."Then right after it says a field test was done in boulder,CO with about 50 families.They had no ill effects from drinking .05ppM(50ppB) TDS water.

Consumption of low TDS water

Even military & navy drink distilled.I think if its really that bad,they wouldn't be drinking it still today.

• 2 months later...

I believe water is water.Even when theirs no minerals it's still water.I don't think it would pull minerals that's stored in the body.To me it's exactly the same water in our body.

For Minerals,their in just about any food you eat.Even if it's not on the nutritional fact they contain traces of some kind of mineral.

I can drink 480ml of almond milk,90% calcium,8% Manganese,8% magnesium,4% Copper,10% Zinc,8% iron,& 4% potassium DV just in minerals.

I can eat 60g of black rice,%4 potassium,%4 selenium,%6 iron,%8 zinc,%20 phosphorus,%20 magnesium,%35 molybdenum,& %120 DV manganese just in minerals.

I can keep going,but I think it's enough for a example of minerals in food.I found this document ran through a scanner.Towards the end it says:

"NASA has reported no ill effects from consumption of approximately .05mg/L(50 ppB) TDS water on board spacecraft.It appears that the possibility that this could have been a problem was never seriously considered by NASA."Then right after it says a field test was done in boulder,CO with about 50 families.They had no ill effects from drinking .05ppM(50ppB) TDS water.

Consumption of low TDS water

Even military & navy drink distilled.I think if its really that bad,they wouldn't be drinking it still today.

Do modern humans need to drink crude water at all? Surely water can be replaced by more civilised fluids - like beer.

Beer has a high water-content, especially in the USA. US citizens who visit Britain are always impressed by the alcoholic strength of British beer.

This leads one to wonder about the US Apollo flights. Did the astronauts depend solely on their American pluck - or were they fortified by a judicious swig of Jack Daniels?