Favorite Bible Quotes

MrAndrew1337

Post them here!

MINE:

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."6 "Do not give

dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 7:1-6

Edited by MrAndrew1337

Exodus 21:20-21

Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result,but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

"Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Genesis 19:8

I find the following passage to be very comforting. From Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

My favorite? Gosh, it's so hard to choose. There are so many!

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Revelations 13 KJV

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Okay.....

From the Book of Revelations

"19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great."

So watch out Cap'n and any male moderators - the birds are out to get you! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Joatmon

In Matthew 27 and no place else, in the bible or other historical records.

27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Zombies are coming!

Edited by Moontanman

So watch out Cap'n and any male moderators - the birds are out to get you!

Oh man! The movie "The Birds" always freaked me out. To this day I can't watch that movie! Yeeesh!!! :o

:D

Just one? Darn!

Genesis 6:5-7

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

God regretted his decision to create mankind so he decided to commit the ultimate act of genocide, by murdering the entire human race: men, women, children, infants and newborns. God decided to exterminate people by drowning - a slow and painful way to die. I guess his initial design wasn't so intelligent after all so he/she/it tortured them all to death so he could start with a clean slate. Ahhhh, such a loving creator.

Leviticus 6:21

It must be prepared with oil on a griddle; bring it well-mixed and present the grain offering broken in pieces as an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

Ummm. Pancakes.

Where would we be, without pancakes?

Edited by tar

Inow,

You bring up a good point. The Bible does not mention Peanut Butter Cups. How such a heavenly thing should have slipped the mind of God when he was telling us his innermost thoughts, is almost impossible.

He didn't even have anybody prophecize on the topic.

Regards, TAR2

Inow,

You bring up a good point. The Bible does not mention Peanut Butter Cups.

No, no. I'm sure you're just not familiar with the kosher recipe for peanut butter cups. It's given in Deuteronomy 32:14...

Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.

Deut 32:14

You may have to substitute some modern ingredients to get it right. If you don't have "pure blood of the grape", just use wine. If you don't have "butter of kine", just use kine bud. They say not to translate these things literally.

Everything in moderation though, or the next verse will catch up with ya...

But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness

Deut 32:15

The original "your mama art so covered with fatness" joke :)

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." -2 Kings 2:23-24

"My beloved put in his hand by the hole [of the door], and my bowels were moved for him."-Song of Solomon 5:4

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses" - Ezekiel 23:20

Quality Bird!

Sergeant,

I hear there's 'dis group of people gather down in that big house with the big bell in the tower and READ that trash talk outloud t' each another. I think we best get some of da boys and bust into that place and round up all dem black books an burn 'em.

Bubba

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." -2 Kings 2:23-24

"My beloved put in his hand by the hole [of the door], and my bowels were moved for him."-Song of Solomon 5:4

ydoaPs,

No fair. That's two. Which is your favorite?

Hey, on number one, do you think there is a county in America that would allow that particular judge to sit on the bench? Wonder why people would believe in an ultimate judge, that has such poor judgement? Seems a bit harsh a sentence to me. Little bit of overkill there. Especially since he was probalby bald and "going up".

Regards, TAR2

Iggy,

Thanks for pointing out the recipe. Guess I missed it. I take what I said about his ommision, back. And thanks for pointing out the warning. I'll have to cut back to half a bag per sitting.

Regards, TAR2

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses" - Ezekiel 23:20

Did I hear someone's been looking for me?

Edited by Joatmon

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:34-39)

Also this: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

And this: "Know, recognize, and understand therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, Who keeps covenant and steadfast love and mercy with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations." (Deuteronomy 7:9)

Edited by Jaden