FTL interactions between luxon particles

warped space

ok so i have no idea what to look for but i was talking to someone who knows a little bit about quantum theory's and watches some of the newest discovrys of quantum physics and he mentioned something about when one of the two or three if you include gravitons, luxon particles interact with each other it will move simultaneously regardless of distance inferring faster than light reactions i want to no how much is fact and where i can get some more information on this topic

I can't say I have heard of this. It sounds like a gravitational distortion but equally feels like entanglement.

I have to go with AW on this - sounds a lot like you're trying to describe particle entaglement, which has been observed in the laboratory between photons (which, if understand how you're using the the word, are luxons or massless particles that always move at the speed of light).

I have to go with AW on this - sounds a lot like you're trying to describe particle entaglement, which has been observed in the laboratory between photons (which, if understand how you're using the the word, are luxons or massless particles that always move at the speed of light).

ya that sounds like it im just looking to do a bit more research into it and dont know where to start

ya that sounds like it im just looking to do a bit more research into it and dont know where to start

Start searching ''non-locality'' and ''spooky action at a distance.'' Then search, ''quantum entanglement'' for a more direct course. I think prof. Susskind has classes on quantum entanglement as well on youtube if you are interested.

ok so i have no idea what to look for but i was talking to someone who knows a little bit about quantum theory's and watches some of the newest discovrys of quantum physics and he mentioned something about when one of the two or three if you include gravitons, luxon particles interact with each other it will move simultaneously regardless of distance inferring faster than light reactions i want to no how much is fact and where i can get some more information on this topic

Your question is not clear to me.

By definition a luxon particle always moves at the speed of light. And this is the fastest speed that any particle can travel.

Check also this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

In the standard model of physics plus general relativity "FTL interactions" are forbidden. Also no scientific measurement of "FTL interactions" has been made up to now. It is right that some few theorists are speculating about the possibility of "FTL interactions", but I do not know any consistent model.

E.g. some years ago someone proposed a very speculative model with gravitational interactions propagating faster than light and claimed that his model was being confirmed by observations, but posterior analysis showed that observations were compatible with an ordinary model of gravitons travelling at the speed of light: c.

Edited by juanrga

Luxon's are defined as particles that move at the speed of light. Photons are a good example. But photons don't interact with each other outside of quantum entanglement. But you made no mention of the luxons being entangled and you mentioned no other reason why they should. However there was an article in Scientific American about this subject back in 1993.

Faster than Light?, Raymond Y. Chiao, Paul G. Kwiat and Aephraim M. Steinberg, Scientific American, August 1993

Experiments in quantum optics show that two distant events can influence each other faster than any signal could have traveled between them.

Edited by pmb

that was what i was looking for though i was looking to do a bit more research and the particle entanglement is what i was looking for. but yes i did not put anything into my question about particle entanglement because i did not know that was what i was looking for

I suppose that it would be emphasized that quantum entanglement does not involve any particle/signal moving faster than light. The FTL sometimes associated to quantum entanglement is only apparent "Since the underlying behaviour doesn't violate local causality or allow FTL".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light#Quantum_mechanics

There is a small interaction between photons. In some cases photons will bounce off each other.

And in other cases, a photon-photon interaction can give rise to other types of (forms of matter) [math]\gamma \gamma \rightarrow e^{-}e^{+}[/math].

Edited by Aethelwulf