Transmigration of souls

immortal

A search for the truth of past life regression

EDITED after iNow's response:

I stopped reading at, "The existence of reincarnation is not inconsistent with early Christian teachings."

Mondays Assignment: Die, on 26 June 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

They lost me at, "The existence of reincarnation is not inconsistent with early Christian teachings."

As noted at the start of the page, it's off topic. However, it seems probable they would argue that Jesus came back to life after being dead... was resurrected... ergo, christianity is not inconsistent with reincarnation.

It depends on the kind of immortality which you wish to have.

There were early Christians who believed that they didn't had to wait till the last resurrection day to achieve salvation and believed that they could become one with Christ in their life time. This is the highest form of immortality.

"People who say they will first die and then arise are mistaken. If they do not first receive resurrection while they are alive, once they have died they will receive nothing." (Gospel of Philip 73:1-4)

This means that irrespective of whether you transmigrate to an another physical body or to a spirit world you're still subject to the forces of nature and you're still in bondage and who knows when is the last judgement day and so it is said that those who don't resurrect while they are alive they receive nothing once they have died.

Rising the dead

John 11:39 Jesus said, "Take away the stone." Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, "Lord, by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days." 40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" 41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out." 44 The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go."

This is different from physical bodily resurrection since the body still exists and many people in history after Jesus have witnessed or claimed to have raised people back to life after they have died.

Resurrection of the dead

Acts 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. 14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' 15 And I said, 'Who are you, Lord?'And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you,

For the ancients the world was made up of just five basic elements, they didn't knew about quantum physics, it is said that they used to give back those five elements which constituted their bodies to nature and asked them back at any place they wished to have it in this way they used to achieve teleportation. Remember ontology is still a problem we still don't know what the world is made up of and they didn't had to worry about the transfer of states of millions of atoms used to achieve quantum teleportation like the way scientists have to do because for them elements of modern science do not exist in the external physical world, even in quantum teleportation the original state is destroyed.

Jesus might have been the first one to resurrect from the dead and came back with new flesh and bones, we don't know. Its not impossible. So even those who believe in the last day resurrection and who wish to have physical immortality should not be disappointed.